SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have chipped a slot.it Lola LMP car with the SP12 chip, and now I have this problem when trying to run with the car on my Scalextric track using C7042 with the newest firmware.

The problem is:
When I am putting the car on the track sometime the C7042 start to flash the light and there is a sound, and the car won't run. But other times I can run with the car without any problems. I have been checking the car to see if there is any loose wires or double/crossed connection, and I can´t see any.

I have another slot.it car "Le mans 1985 Porsche 956c" that runs without any problem.

Any idea why I see this problem?

Thanks in advance!

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
This sounds very much like a short-circuit. Check your work to make sure that you have not left a solder-bridge touching another part of the PCB or any of the components. You should also examine the braids for any loose whiskers that are sticking out.

If all else fails .... take the chip out and check it all again then refit it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi GregK

Again thanks for your advice. I have now been checking the car, and the problems was that there was loose whiskers on the braids. After removing those the car now run without any problem.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Another thing to look out for is the condition of the wires ...... you might have trapped one in the bodywork

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi GregK

I have checked the wires. And they did not have any problems.

But thanks for coming back to me.

Have a nice day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts