SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, had my APB for a few years now. lane 2 suddenly stopped working with no Power... any ideas? Lane 1 working fine

I unscrewed the starting grid and check the connections and both look to be in place.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Sounds like half of it's power MOSFETs are no longer, they are ex-MOSFETs, bereft all of their magic smoke ...
wink.png

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying Greg..... so reading between the MOFSET lines, the message Im getting is.... "you need to buy a new APB"..?

·
novice jazz player &
6,269 Posts
maybe the answer could be... to buy a new one and have the old one fixed as back-up...

I wonder if analog power and analog braking are working for each lane and in each direction...? this would test functionality separately for each of the eight output MOSFETs... so long as the output relay is still functioning correctly (which is also a suspect here)...

C

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
The key question is does it work for both lanes in digital mode? If not then a wire to one of the rails has come loose.

fyi there is a solenoid that joins all the mosfets together for digital mode, so blown mosfets would not affect one lane.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
thanks for replying Greg..... so reading between the MOFSET lines, the message Im getting is.... "you need to buy a new APB"..?
Not necessarily .......... just get this one fixed ... ;)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The key question is does it work for both lanes in digital mode? If not then a wire to one of the rails has come loose.

fyi there is a solenoid that joins all the mosfets together for digital mode, so blown mosfets would not affect one lane.
Hi Riko, one lane still works in digital and analogue mode.

Greg sent me a PM and has agreed to take a look for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts