SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm writing an RMS, and it's all going well, except for the working out which driver's car has just crossed the line. I'm having problems linking the driver and their connected ID (as in, port that their controller is plugged in to) and the CarID. Is there a way to work out which car is controlled by which port / driver?

Thanks,

Connal

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
Maybe you are misreading the ID byte... for example bit 2 and bit 1 only read in the wrong order would give the results you describe...

6=110 i.e. bit2=1 and bit1=1
reversing =11 =3

3=011 i.e. bit 2=0 and bit1=1
reversing =10 =2

This is just an example of how misreading the ID byte could give seemingly spurious results, so definitely worth double checkibg you go your read algorithms correct...

Put more carefully, I would certainly suspect reading of the ID byte coming from the powerbase in the first instance...

C

·
Administrator
10,413 Posts
Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but when I was plugged into port6 (for example) the car ID was 3, and plugged into port 3 the car ID was 2
The car ID has to be set for each car just once, and then it stays that ID. If you have a car ID 2 then you need to plug a throttle into the second port from the left to control it.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Out of curiosity and maybe I missed it but why would you do this when ARC PRO has the BLE protocol free to develop on?

Fewer and fewer people have PCs and there are already RMSs out there for the C7042.

MAGIC showed there is a lot of potential for an ARC PRO app .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you remember, we had a long thread about the pros and cons of various RMSs. It's actually my son who has taken up the challenge, I'm just the middle man. I seem to remember that there was some information that wasn't forthcoming from Scalextric that meant that we weren't able to do all the programming desired (can't remember the details). Has that changed now? If so, that would be great, as I do want to use the wireless controllers. Not sure how I would break it to my son, though....

Connal

·
Banned
8,038 Posts
Until Arc Pro gets adjustable brakes it cant be taken seriously. Brake adjustment is for me the most critical tool for better control and lap times, Were talking 2/10ths per lap. Forget apps, gimmicks whatever, its missing a major foundation stone. Even if it had 12.5% increments it would be a great advantage.

Rick

·
Administrator
10,413 Posts
What about real throttle profiles so you use it non-mag? Like we did with PB-Pro a dozen years ago...

DRC, have a look at this and see if you can do the same for ARC PRO...

https://www.slotforu...ttach_id=169267

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
hi Riko, thanks for peaking my interest but really sorry I cant open the link, would you mind resending please?

And thanks Injectorman, I agree that proportional braking is a must have feature... InCarPro is ready to handle proportional braking as soon as this feature is unlocked in the ARC PRO firmware (so Hornby can decide when). Also the InCarPro v4.0.1 traction algorithms include a maximum braking strength setting. Currently it can only be accessed by ISCP upload but if the demand is there it could be accessed by a standard ARC controller.

C

·
Administrator
10,413 Posts
Strange, it was an upload to the attachments section. I'll try direct

Attachments

·
Banned
6,578 Posts
What about real throttle profiles so you use it non-mag? Like we did with PB-Pro a dozen years ago...

DRC, have a look at this and see if you can do the same for ARC PRO...

https://www.slotforu...ttach_id=169267
Hi Riko, the magless concept is already build into ICP v4.0.1 in a form which is already compatible with the ARC PRO and the APB C7042 so thats another box we can tick. And by putting the code inside the decoder it can be (and is) 7bit resolution rather than limited to 6bit resolution as per the track protocol. Wish I had seen your attachment document earlier.

C

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.