SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought the USB serial cable from the SSDC website and tried to do a Firmware upgrade and I am confused. I installed the appropriate device drivers etc. and tried to do a firmware upgrade. It all started well and seemed to be working then the C7042 firmware program said it was not responding. I Switched everything off and unplugged the cables in the correct order. I then attached the LCD display to the C7402 PB and it is now blank. I have tried this several times now and I cannot get any further. Any suggestions please.

·
Circuit Owner
5,892 Posts
I had this problem the first time I tried a firmware upgrade on my C7042.

Aided by Snurfen who had come over we eventually worked out that, despite the PC reporting the successful installation of the drivers, the drivers had not, in fact, installed correctly.

We reinstalled the device drivers again and everything worked OK after that.

I'm not saying it will solve your problem but re-installing the device drivers is definitely worth trying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tried a total re-install with the device drivers and the firmware software and get the same results.

Once I start the firmware update the firmware update s/w starts and says it is programming device

Then nothing happens for 15 - 20 secs and the program then says "not responding"

and all the lights have gone out on the PB.

To set the PB to accept new firmware I am pressing the up arrow when turning the PB on the Third light goes out and then when I stop pressing the third light comes on and all lights are on.

Is this the correct operation to put the PB into the correct mode for firmware upgrades?

thnaks

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
QUOTE (Dobrino @ 29 Jan 2012, 16:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To set the PB to accept new firmware I am pressing the up arrow when turning the PB on the Third light goes out and then when I stop pressing the third light comes on and all lights are on.

That is the correct way. Did you make sure not to have anything on when you connected the APB to the PC?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am assuming you mean power to the APB, definitely not. I was extremely careful to follow the instructions enclosed with the cable.
I am waiting for a new cable from Colin and also going to try another laptop too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts