Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this has been covered before (probably more than once) but I hope you'll indulge me checking that I have this right.

I'm running a track with the C7042 and it's under fluorescent lights. My races, lap times etc. are getting screwed up. I think the C7042 is sometimes confused as to which car has passed the start/finish line so miss-assigning laps / times etc.

The C7042 has worked fine previously, I have it set up in a new location. I covered C7042 (makeshift tunnel) so that it was dark and everything seemed to work fine again.

I'm using the 0.85 firmware.

So I think I'm experiencing the problems that have been described elsewhere although I don't think it's missing laps, so much as miss-assigning them.

I also think that a firmware upgrade will fix this - is that right? (although I'll need to get a cable - was planning to try SSDC eventually anyway)

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I would uprate your firmware to the latest version ...... v1.09
You can order a cable from the SSDC website as well. SSDC give you a fully functional 30-day trial on the software so there is nothing to loose in downloading that as well.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I think it was the very first post release firmware upgrade that included a fix to stop the unit being mixed up by halogen lighting. Not sure what the release number was, and if it related to flourescents as well.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
And if you need to know more ask Andy about rising edges...

1.09 is about as light resistant as you will ever get. It is good.

·
Greg Gaub
14,641 Posts
Now if we could just get the lane changers to be a little better about it. It's rare, but it happens. Also, flipping straight on power up would be great for analog running. MIH, the world is calling. ;-)

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
This was put to Scaley a while ago. Check the latest ones - pretty sure the pit changers do this, except the logic is upside down on start the flipper moves to pit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts