SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a novice with slotcars but i'm wondering about the following scenario with the C7042 powerbase.

More often than not, I can ID the cars sucessfully but for no apparent reason the controller seems to cease working. (sometimes this is signalled by a random 'beep') If I take all cars off the track and attempt to re ID the car to the controller it doesn't usually work. I need to plug the controller into another jack and it MAY work. Sometimes a re-boot on the PB does the trick. So my very broad and uniformed assumption is that is has something to do with the PB, or ME! Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what can be done?

CJ

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
Hi there and welcome,

Sorry to ask a rather stupid question, but do you have more than one controller? If so what happens when you plug in another controller?

·
Greg Gaub
14,988 Posts
Can you calibrate the controller(s)?
Other than that, I think Keeto is on the right track that you have a bad controller. If it happens with more than two controllers, then probably not... unless you got them all second hand from who knows where.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have more than one controller, I have 4 which came with the set. So I originally thought it was a dodgy controller but if I put it in another port it begins to work. So what I did then was to put a controller which has been working in another port and put it into the one which apparently didn't work and the controller can't ID the car. At one stage it was the 3rd port which I thought perhaps wasn't working but if I reboot the PB then it MAY begin working...
It feels like there is no rhyme or reason to it all!
Thanks for your questions and thoughts so far.
CJ

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
QUOTE (craya @ 27 Aug 2011, 11:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm not sure if I can calibrate the controllers, how would I know if I can?
Navigate to "Calib' on the C7042. Hit the following sequence of buttons: "Down arrow - Right arrow twice - Down arrow" and then squeeze the controller 3 times to get the final higher note beep which confirms calibration.
To see the above sequence pictorially (courtesy Richardtheforth
) go >here< and scroll down to pic titled "5. Professional mode - calibration [3-7]"
HTH

1 - 6 of 6 Posts