Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,

Since you all did such a great job of answering my last query, I thought I'd throw another problem that's been bothering me for a while your way.

When running my C7042 in analogue mode with some old Scalextric cars, I noticed I was getting some mis-timed laps - the powerbase would for example register a 4 second lap when it should take that car 9 seconds to get round. After much experimentation, I'm now able to replicate the problem fairly consistently. If, during a race, I come off the track and enter the yellow flag mode (which I have set to cut all power), when I put the car back on the track, if I squeeze the throttle BEFORE pressing the Start button, as soon as I do press the start button the powerbase registers a lap, even with the car no-where near the powerbase. So if I'm halfway round the circuit when it happens, it will register a 4.5 second lap as soon as I press start, and another 4.5 second lap when I get back to the start/finish line, therefore incorrectly counting an additional lap. If I refrain from squeezing the throttle until after I have pressed start, then it doesn't miscount.

Now I know the obvious solution is set a minimum lap time in the powerbase, but I'm loath to do so as the figure for a sensible minimum lap time varies considerably from car to car, and I don't want to keep having to change the time when I change car type. And whilst I'm happy to be careful not to prematurely press the throttle, I'm not sure I can persuade my enthusiastic friends to be so restrained!

So really I was hoping you could suggest reasons this might be happening and any possible ways I could rectify this without having to set a minimum lap time.

Incidentally, I'm using firmware v1.09 and I use two power supplies. I have one XLC in the layout and two CLCs, on which I've performed the necessary surgery to allow their use in analogue.

Many thanks!

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
If this problem is as described & repeatable it sounds like a Powerbase firmware bug?

Do you actually have to come off the track, or just enter Yellow Flag Mode?
Is the effect repeatable with any car & any car number?
What happens if you do the test with 2 cars deslotting and squeezing both throttles?

Would be worth trying an older firmware version, and then back to 085 to see if that fixes the problem?

Rich

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rich,

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately I got back late from work tonight so didn't get the chance to do any testing, and probably won't now until after the weekend (off to see some real racing at Silverstone!).

I'll do some more testing next week and let you know how it goes!

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts