SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Greg Gaub
17,530 Posts
Welcome to the club. Some people seem to have cars/bases that this problem is really bad on (See Chris99's post about his NSR cars pulsing), and some don't. It seems to depend on the cars(motors) and the base itself, as there appear to be many people that are unaffected by this... or they don't use analog mode enough to notice it?

As for the digital cars being slower, well... they are. The chips suck about 1.5v from the power in the conversion process. The exact same car (DPR, for example) will go noticeably faster with the chip removed in analog mode than with the chip installed.

AFAIK, the pulsing cannot be fixed. We're not even completely sure why it happens.

The voltage drop can be "fixed" but not easily. Fixing it requires replacing surface mounted parts on the chip itself. Specifically, the diodes (I think). RichG pioneered these mods, which have been performed by others such as MIH, GregK, gmyers, and more. That kind of work is out of my league, though.

· Greg Gaub
17,530 Posts
If that works, then shouldn't it also work across the braid ends of the lead wires? For that matter, why wouldn't the same work at the motor end, since it's all in parallel whether it's on the rail, braids, or motor... right? I'm asking, 'cus I don't know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.