SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
10,838 Posts
OK, I just made up a quick mod to prove something. I had postulated as Hornby had added more and more inductors just before release to reduce noise/EMI that they were causing a resonance in the circuit. I just made a test with a NSR Mosler fitted with an aftermarket Scaleauto 38000 outlaw motor that seems highly sensitive to the pulsing effect, test before with standard hardware, test after with all inductors removed. Result? No difference. So I was wrong. It is all in the motor reacting to the chopped pulse of the equivalent voltage PWM (pulse width modulated) waveform, so we can't do a lot about it in hardware. Adding a capacitor to smooth the waveform would screw up the digital. Andy is out on hols for a bit, I'll talk to him about maybe changing the chopping frequency, but the likelyhood is it would solve the problem for some motors and make it worse for others...

· Administrator
10,838 Posts
QUOTE (RichG @ 10 May 2012, 07:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I do not think we have this problem with PB-Pro in analog mode?

No we dont.

On C7042 the problem exists with my NSR mosler with a large can King motor. No chip. No suppressor. With inductors all by-passed.

Not many componnts left in the circuit Chris, but something is playing up. It might be the drive chip, but it doesn't make a lot of sense.

· Administrator
10,838 Posts
Good stuff Chris, but I've only got top end pulsing and do you reckon that adding a capacitor makes no difference at the top end

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.