Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tested my new apb running firmware v0.85 today. I used a short track. During one race with 2 pacers and me driving a third car about 3 laps in the power cut for a second on all 3 cars and then started again. After this the lap counter was counting 2 laps for each lap. Is this a known issue with the powerbase? Can it be stopped with a firmware update? Thanks for any help anyone can give.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Mazza,
Welcome to theforum ......

I had an APB that did strange things like that, mine would reset itself if you gave the power lead a jiggle against the socket. My local dealer replaced it without question.

There is a lap counting issue but I don't think that this the problem here. Certainly a firmware update would be good and there is a much improved one coming shortly, v1.08. The good thing about the firmware is that you can load or reload any version that you like, so if you do go for v1.07 you can always re-flash back to 0.85 if you need to return it to Scalextric for a replacement.

Details of loading firmware can be found here.

All the best - Greg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Greg. I tried 'waggling' the power lead and nothing happened, so I don't think it's that. It only happened once in 2 hours of playing. I'll try it tomorrow and see if it happens again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts