SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had not noticed any issues with my new set and had not used it in a couple of days then today my son and his friend and I started racing a bunch of cars at once and after a while of racing they would all stutter and stop then "buzz" like they could not get going. I reset the power base and they were fine... for about another 5 minutes or so.
I also noticed a surge when we started with several cars on the track but then the race seemed okay before it all went out again later. This continued to happen with as few as 4 cars racing. I've never had anything like this happen, the set has always run perfectly smoothly.

Is this just dirty rails or something? It seems like more than that to me. I've barely used the set and the rails should be fine. If anyone knows if this may be some issue with other users I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks

·
Registered
468 Posts
thats what it sounds like to me also. Like one set of braids is simultaneously touching both rails.

Regards,

-- Rakete --

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tested this more.

It is not a braid issue.

Here is my test:

Put 1 car on pace mode. Let it run a while. No problems.

Put 2nd car on. Let both run a while. No problems.

Put on 3rd car. No problems

4th car, No problems.

5th car... after couple laps all cars start to stutter and slow. Then they stop and just sit and buzz.

Changed order of cars and used different cars, turned up power settings for pace cars, cleaned track, did everything I can think of. Same problems.

After this problem happens then it starts to happen even wtih 3 or 4 cars as well. Does not matter which cars I use.

I changed braids, tried different cars etc etc. Nothing helps.

I've reset powerbase to default. Same problems.

Is my powerbase defective or something? Please help, my "investment" is barely 2 months old and I feel like I"ve flushed money away here...

Thanks

·
Prof I T
11,156 Posts
hi
do you have 2 psu's connected.?? If you use only one then after 3 or 4 cars are running one psu will just shut down as it will be out of puff...

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes I have two brand spanking new power supplies hooked up.

Do you think one may be defective? Neither of them gets warm at all, even after a while being on so I can't tell.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I just tested the power supplies one at a time and they each work by themselves. On the 3rd car they cut out when I'm just using one supply.

I had all six cars going just now with 2 supplies at first but after a few laps they all stopped and buzzed again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you using the supplied screen? If you are I'm sure I read somewhere in the instructions that you can only run up to 4 cars with the screen connected. I could be wrong though

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes and the screen is supposed to handle all 6 cars since it's the 6 car digital platinum set out of the box. It's supposed to run 6...

·
Prof I T
11,156 Posts
hi
sounds like it is a fauly unit. Email or phone the hornby service centre to arrange the return of yours.

There record of customer care is very good..

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi sadinoel,
I had a similar issue. After 4 months using my C7042 with up to 3 -4 cars with 2 psus, when raced for first time with 5 cars, suddenly it stopped and went on SAFE mode. When reset it started working again for a while. After done this for one week it stopped permanently. When powered on it went directly on SAFE mode. I e_maild SCALEXTRIC customer service and they replaced it with a new one. (about 1 month sending and receiving back).
I suppose you also have a faulty device.
Send it back.
Regards
Anthony.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
FYI - Hornby emailed me back pretty quickly and is going to send me a new unit along with prepaid postage to send my old one back.

Am very happy with their customer service. Will buy more product

1 - 15 of 15 Posts