SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a good hunt around the interweb and this website and drawn a blank so figured I'd just ask the question outright.

Recently acquired an advanced 6-car powervbase and a power supply unit for it (Scaley one the dealer recommended and nothing after-mkt). I quickly discovered the instructions that come out the box are pretty awful but I've pretty much figured out how to use all the functionality now.

What I'm unsure about is how to make use of the two power-supply inputs and when/if I need them for digital running? I understand I need two for analogue thanks to Mr.Flippants informative video series.

... so?

1. Do I need two PSU's? Will this make the track performance more stable/reliabel/consistent - my track is bigger than average but not enormous (yet)
2. I have a PSU from my older 6-car base (the on everyone seems to want for modfying) - will that PSU do the trick as my second power supply on the C-7042 Powerbase?

Thanks

T (learner in all things scalextric)

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi T,

Welcome to the forum, there are exiting things going on at the moment so you have picked a good time to join the revolution.

1 - yes if you want to run 2-lane analogue and yes if you want to run 4 or more digital cars
2 - NO different voltage hence the different size of the input plug.

edit ........ D'OH - must type faster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gents - that answers that.

I'll have a look at that thread and see what options to pursue on a second PSU. I can live with 4-cars for now. I tried calling the Hornby customer service but they close at 1pm on a Friday, easy life.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts