SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
Just been having a couple of laps of my track and id a new car on my spare 6apb
and it id the car but didnt move the car when pulled the trigger any thoughts guys ?
regards ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Try it on your normal APB. If that doesn't do the trick then you may well have a dead...ish chip.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Ade .... can you elaborate a bit more please? Is the problem that you can not ID on your spare APB or that cars do not run on your APB after IDing??

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
on spare apb you can id cars, plus the tower works. you can set a race all that works
but put car on track piece linked to base and pull the trigger the can doesnt work .
ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
OK ....... does the LEDs flash on the APB? Will the car run on the base without any track connected??

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi
ok been and got apb from loft so infront of me now so you can ask away.
So when you plug it in the green light flash then red and both go out green light comes on on tower and screen does its bit then the red lights scrole the 6 colours on base back and forth.
ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Right ..... no short-circuits. Can you ID a car and run it on the APB without any track attached?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you can id cars but it seems there is no power as car willnot move when trigger is pulled.
ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Try the controller in a different slot. When you start the APB, the Red & Green LEDs light up and stay on - no other lights should be showing. Press & hold the Enter button until the green LED flashes. At this point press the brake button on the controller - only the RED representing the controller and the Red & Green LEDs should flash. The controller LED should extinguish and the other two remain steady.

Try it without the Tower .....

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok done that
but after pressing the brake button the id1 red led stayed on and the green button is flashing but car still doesnt move .
but i pressed brake and trottle the car moved take thumb offf brake button car stops.
ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hmmm ....... nasty.

OK .... try a different throttle and no tower. The APB might think that it is in the middle of setting up a race - removing the tower should stop that.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok
cheaked it wasnt in race mode then unplugged tower plugged in another trottle but still the same pull trigger nothing press brake and trottle and car moves this is wierd.
ade.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
I think that it is Ucked .......
.. sounds like a job for Rikorocket - Huzzah! ....

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Not ucked, maybe just needing throttle calibration? If pressing the brake button makes it work then the system is reading the resistance incorrectly. It could still be uggered, bad joint inside or more likely it has calibrated on a bad throttle at some time, or set up wrong in China. Fit the tower and run thru the calibration routine, if it still doesn't work ring the Scalextric cuustomer care and tell them it is new, and not functioning and that you want a replacement. They will probably want you to send it in to be sure you are not just pulling a fast one.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
At least I one one bit right ......... send for Rikorocket .... Huzzah

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hi
no probs greg we are all learning, lucky we got people on here to turn to for help ,
saved me alot of head scratching .
ade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts