Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gavin and his entourage are progressing with the club footprint extension with the aim to get it all completed and functioning for the Nationals team race in about a month i.e. not long!

As such here is a call to arms. General assistance requested to screw (unfortunately with a screw driver) and paint the floor boards over the next next couple of weeks from 08:30 to racing starts on:
Tuesday 20th
Friday 23rd
Tuesday 27th
Friday 30th

Even if it is just getting to the club earlier than normal to help out that would be appreciated.

Matt

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Progress is progressing! I know John, Mike and myself have managed some time on the site to help along, anyone able to provide time will be appreciated.

The floor is nearly down and lots of wall gubbins ripped off. Lots still to do, but 50 chairs have arrived.

The aim now is to be ready for an August event, which is still tight

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The extension is progressing well, with a proper door offering room separation now - any assistance will still be appreciated. I am intending to go up all day on the 8th August.

Anyone else able to provide so precious time? If so let Gavin know so it can be coordinated.

Matt

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
pictures, otherwise we do not believe that the progress is really happening ;-)

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Woah...that is a hell of an extension.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wthe extension more than doubles the club's footprint.

It will hold the BSCRA national track, and will be known as the BRSCA Centre of Excellence. It will have enough pit spaces for 40, and if you include the pit space in the current club room we will have space for 60 in total. The first race is due in three weeks time, so all hands to the pump in getting it ready.

The DiSCA GT3 / WEC event in early November will be set up in this facility.

Matt

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The room is functionally finished, with enhancements to be added over the coming period. Massive well done to Gavin and Briony. A blue plaque has been erected to express the clubs gratitude to everyone whom helped.

It was used over the bank holiday weekend to hold the nationals BSCRA 1/24 finals, and then we opened the room up for more comfortable pit space and Phil Smiths shop over the last weekend at our classic meeting.

A great space, some pics and video of it on our clubs FB page.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts