SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

As some of you might know I am moving into the Cambridge area in the next 4 weeks
(Stotfold to be exact) , and I am looking for clubs to race at.

"Cambridge Blue" got in touch and has told me about one in Offord Darcy (near St Neots) , but are they any more in the area.

I seem to recall Mo55man talking about one in Gamlingay ?? , and I have noticed
that the Scalextric Entusiats club is down the road in Royston - what that about ?

Don't think I will get chance to visit one till the new year , but am starting to get
more than curious as to whats out there - any help would be much appreciated.

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
I'm just down the road from you in Bedford and go to the Wellingborough club when i can butthe extra 16 miles or so might put you off. i'm planning to visit the Offord Darcy club when i get the chance too. Unfortunately I work nights which limits my club racing.

John

·
John Roche
4,237 Posts
I should have mentioned, you'll be welcome to come over and try my 4 lane 55' routed track, I've just printed off Tropi's "how to post pictures" so I'll try and post some of the track tomorrow.

I'm off to Wellinbugger tonight.

John

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your info John , I will get in touch as soon as I move as you seem
to have the lay of the land

Thanks again

Chris

P.s. thats what I love about this forum , everyone one I have met/got in contact via
it are top people !

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
I can only give an unashamed plug for Wellingborough - we've already got one member who travels up from Cambridge so even a car share could work. Its a bit of a trek but definetly worth it.

I'd advise trying out all the local clubs once or twice and seeing which best suits you.

cheers
Matt

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
The club at Offord D'arcy is held once a month, usually the first Thursday and Friday. The Thursday night is the best night to come for some good racing as it is designed for adults only. The Friday night can be most hectic as all the kids come along with there bash and crash methods.
On the Thursday we have around 4 to 6 come along, so there will be plenty of time to race.

M

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Chris

It is strange that somebody should mention the Royston scalextric entusiats club, I am 2 miles north of Royston and have not managed to get any info on the club other than a PO box number.......

70s_Scalex

·
Premium Member
3,083 Posts
It is a Scalextric club but not as we know it Jim!

This is, or was, - I think they have moved - the postal address of Hornby's "Scalextric Enthusiasts Club". You know - the people who do "Racer" magazine!

Brian

·
Registered
127 Posts
QUOTE (NSCC-Editor @ 29 Oct 2004, 17:25)It is a Scalextric club but not as we know it Jim!

This is, or was, - I think they have moved - the postal address of Hornby's "Scalextric Enthusiasts Club". You know - the people who do "Racer" magazine!

Brian
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers Brian, now we know who the were....

70s_Scalex

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE This is, or was, - I think they have moved - the postal address of Hornby's "Scalextric Enthusiasts Club". You know - the people who do "Racer" magazine!

ah , those guys - you would think they would have a club track wouldn't you ?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts