SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am loving at the moment picking up resin and plastic bodies from the Can Am era..... and of course then building them.

So I have a Hamil (courtesy Steve Francis) but at the moment can only find 1 pic for this car - does anyone have any others?

Hamil - car 69

Then I do have pics for the Mckee, but does anyone have any idea where I can pick up some decals for both these cars?

Any sources for Can Am bodies appreciated

More queries to follow and thanks in advance for the help....

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also forgot to ask - the colour needed for the Honker - If I remember Halfords does a colour that is close - does anyone know the name? I want to get my daughter to buy it and will need to tell her the details - thanks!!

·
Joel LeNoir
952 Posts
Who did you get the honker from? Or getting. I did a pattos vac back casting. After some (a lot) of work she turned out pretty good. Moulding it next week.

Also Talkto stubbo. He makes 3 or 4 can's you cant get elsewhere. He's here on the forum.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi
always believed that the honker was a mettallic lilac colour although i have never seen a colour photo of it
if that is the case you would be very wie to let your daughter be the one ot ask for it

cheers tony

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Nice one Julian,

what super photos of the Honker. Like Tony I remember the car, and have used the body in the past, but I had never seen a good colour photo !!.

Thanks.

vbr Chris A.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
This is also a good resource site, - we use the entry lists and pics for liveries from here as the qualification/eligibility list for the CanAm proxy series we run down under.
http://www.racingsportscars.com/championship/Can-Am.html

KalbfellP of Tasmania who is often here on forum also makes a number of very good resin bodies of CanAm cars, and is extremely knowledgeable on this era and championship.
He also makes a Honker body, and one of his own club guys entered a "purple-people-eater" in 2011, so he may have some suggestion on the paint colour.

Stubbo from Australia makes a set of generic CanAm era decals for general "liverying up" of cars includes common sponsors in the period, and the RSCC logo etc. Quality of decals is excellent (unlike this blown up picture of them
)
CanAm Decals

BTW. Entries for the 2012 CanAm proxy open on 1st December. I can't advertise the existing data links as it is on another forum, but here are the draft rules, which are about to be finalised unchanged.

Rules, tweaked slightly for NZPR CanAm Proxy 2012. Changes other than dates from 2011 are in blue type so existing competitors can identify easily the minor changes.

Rules 2012 as WORD doc

Rules 2012 as PDF doc (warning 780K filesize)

With Beejay not competing now, we'd love to get at least one entrant from UK/Europe building a car for the 2012 series.
Resin based entries are eligible, and usually make up 20% of the field.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
QUOTE (abie321 @ 15 Nov 2011, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also forgot to ask - the colour needed for the Honker - If I remember Halfords does a colour that is close - does anyone know the name? I want to get my daughter to buy it and will need to tell her the details - thanks!!

Anthony

I used Halfords Ford Purple Velvet for my Honker.

David

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
David - thanks so much!!!

Pete - great site - I remember it from years ago - but then lost track of it - so thanks!!!!

·
Kitbasher
4,250 Posts
Definitely Ford Purple velvet

Here it is on a Fitzpatrick shell with Maxi models rims/inserts and stacks with Patto decals.

I also used a complete Maxi Models alloy interior, very nice extra detail

Sorry about the poor shot

·
Anthony Bartlett
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pics I have found:

look at those Awesome big A** exhausts

The colours for the Hamil - so building will not be an issue - now for the decals.....

Gonna try casting this one myself - just waiting for the new resin.....

The Above body just arrived - so in urgent to do list

Then - not a great pic - have another i will scan - have fallen in 'love' with this car and the simonitz 163 .......

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
The colour used on the Stigs Honker was hand mixed,so no help there. The classic Honker needs to be shortened behind the rear wheels,and some detailing.Check out Mark Gussin's site for some good colour pics of his Honker build.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts