SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

I have had this for a while and now would like to build a suitable chassis for it and get it onto the track.

However, although I know its a Lotus something (78??), the split rear wing confuses me somewhat,can anyone help to identify this for me please?

Before I start the build I will need to check the sizing as the body seems a little on the big side especially when compared to a Scaley Lotus 78.

Thanks for any help,

Terry

Just to see the comparism in size between the 2 makes.

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi Terry
The body is a lotus 76 ,which i think was supposed to be the 1974 gp car but when it didn,t work they went back to the 72
That double rear wing a dead giveaway as it was the only lotus with it
I would be reasonably sure the body is a polistil one as they appear to be the only company who ever made this rare car ,i think they did a die cast one too
It looks a little on the large side to me if its any help the w/b is 8'5"

cheers tony

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tony,

I looked at the Lotus 72 specs and reckoned this car would have been similar,suprisingly the wheelbase is very close, however the body width may be a bit generous.

I will google the car just to see how the rear wheels aligned with the bodywork,I think the Polistol body will be wider than the true 1/32 scale,I also have a Maclaren M23 which in wheelbase is pretty close but it looks way too wide,the same can be said for the Ferrari 312T which I have as well,still,despite all that they would be interesting builds ,especially the lotus,which may not have been successful in the real world,but its a pretty body and might come up looking alright when done.

I'll do the figures and see how it goes.

Wouldn't these cars be great for a proxy series!

Terry

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Yes Terry, but not with Fox motors and brass chassis like the Proxy I ran some years ago,spend many hours refitting wings!

Slim motors,rubber tyre, wire chassis, food for thought!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
It was no. A96 in Polistil's Evolution series. The complete car has a Johnson 111-sized motor but can-end drive -- and yet more "chrome" underneath with the exhausts. Cries out for a good rebuild.
Rob J

1 - 6 of 6 Posts