Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
As I'm not that very good at the different classes in the real GT-series, I need help from you guys.
I'm trying to put together a GT-cup for our club and I need help to make a complete list off approvede cars to run.
The cup is allowing ALMS, GT1, GT2 and GT3-cars from 1995 and onwards.
The engines to be used is "standard",( ie Mabushi S, Pro Slot evo2)
Please check the listed cars here and give me some help to what is correct and what is wrong here. (PLEASE
)
We havent decided if we are to allow open cars , ie LeMans-cars yet, but probably not)
This is what I have so far:

Carrera Evolution:
Dodge Viper, Porsche GT1 evo + GT1 evo-98, Lambourghini Murcielago R-GT,Ferrari 575 GTC, Ferrari ENZO (Bentley EXP Speed.)
FLY:
Corvette C5 + C5R, Dodge Viper, Venturi LM 400-500-600, Marcos LM600, Porsche 911 GT1 + GT1 EVO + GT1 EVO-98(ej racer), Panoz GTR-1, Lister Storm, BMW M3GTR (ej racer), Saleen S7R(ej racer).
NINCO:
Corvette C12R, Callaway Corvette, McLaren F1, Porsche 911 GT1 + GT3, Ferarri F50, BMW M3 GTR,, Mercedes CLK GTR
(Audi TT-R, Mercedes CLK DTM, Opel Astra DTM.)
Policar:
Porsche 911 GT2, Ferrari F355
Proslot:
Ferrari F355, Ferrari F360, Porsch 911 GT2 + GT3(ej evo3) + GT3R(ej evo3), Toyota GT1(ej Evo3)
Scalextric:
Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Diablo, Mercedes CLK GTR, Porsche 911 GT1 + Gt3R, TVR Speed, TVR 400R
SCX:
Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F40, Porsche 911 GT1
Slot.It
Nissan R390 GT1, (Audi R8C), (ej SIMN 02, 03, 04, 05)
Team Slot
Nissan R390 GT1

What have I missed????

I must present a complete list buy Friday (I hope to at least).

EDIT: changed and added cars to the list. Also removed all open cars as we decided we wouldn't run them in the series.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Fly Lolas, plus Spirit Lolas and Reynards.

Also how about Slot.it's Audi?? And Ninco's F50 Ferrari...

Good luck with the series.

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 27 Apr 2004, 11:31)Bentley, Cadillac, BMW v12, lola etc - weren't they in the LMP 900/675 class and not GT
what sort of class is that???
I'm into bikes, not cars so I j´haven't got a clue

·
Registered
979 Posts
Well yes, the Caddy, Lola, Reynard, BMW V12, Panoz LMP, the new Lister from Scalextric are I suppose not strictly GT Class but Prototype/LMP Class, but check out www.crash.net - they have several sections on Euro GT racing and you could find out what cars are allowed.

Another car that could sneak in, is the Proslot Toyota!

Cheers

Mark

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Scaley Lister Storm LMP

Ninco BMW M3 (only cos the fly one is there)

Spirit Lolas

The scaley TVR matt mentioned, unless you listed that under a speed 6.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quick Q:

Was the 911 GT2, the Jaguar 220 and the Ferarri F40 still in the Gt-series in -95????

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
OK...The Jag is out.

I have made a few Exceptions as you can see... We have to consider the possibility for some of our youngest members to get into racing as well. without spending a lot of money on a new car right at the start.
All the cars inside the ( ) (don't know the word for these), is our exceptions.

OK folks....
Is this a good list of cars for our new cup????

Your opinion means alot to me, as we are just starting up our racing series this year.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Catman the list is looking good.

But, TeamSlot also do a Nissan R390 GT1 - but probably not a popular runner, but I thought I would mention it.

Cheers

Mark

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
what track are you racing on and is it with or without magnet.

I would not incl the racer series nor the evo3 cars.

My choice from that lot would be the proslot toyota gt1 as it is really light - however it is harder to come by and therefore diff to obtain for newbies. If you are running magnetless then the proslot toyota or slot-it audi will be the main choice. Magnets (I'd agree before hand a standard magnet to use) will even things out and make a more diverse field

We've just open up a new class running on a routed track (ie magnets don't work) - LMP open top class but with a mabuchi (scalextric) motor in it, original manafacturer running gear; 3:1 gear ratio and any rubber tyres ie proslot by default. Should be a diverse field although I'm interested in seeing if anyone races the fly racing lola (with a Scaly motor). I'm either going with the SCX Dome Judd or Scaly Lister.

Matt

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (mtucker666 @ 28 Apr 2004, 09:42)what track are you racing on and is it with or without magnet.

I would not incl the racer series nor the evo3 cars.

My choice from that lot would be the proslot toyota gt1 as it is really light - however it is harder to come by and therefore diff to obtain for newbies. If you are running magnetless then the proslot toyota or slot-it audi will be the main choice. Magnets (I'd agree before hand a standard magnet to use) will even things out and make a more diverse field

We've just open up a new class running on a routed track (ie magnets don't work) - LMP open top class but with a mabuchi (scalextric) motor in it, original manafacturer running gear; 3:1 gear ratio and any rubber tyres ie proslot by default. Should be a diverse field although I'm interested in seeing if anyone races the fly racing lola (with a Scaly motor). I'm either going with the SCX Dome Judd or Scaly Lister.

Matt
We are racing on a Scaley 4-lane, 27 metres.
Magnets are allowed within the magna 2-spec(the magnet would not hold the car upsidedown.)
We're going to separate the juniors and seniors when we race, therefor we have taken in all of the cars we could find in the GT-classes.
We also have 2 other clubs nearby that are going to run almost the same series that we do.

To keep the costs down and the racing up, we dont allow any engineswaps in this class; GTP (Production). just change of gearing and other tires is allowed.
We do intend to run another GT-class side by side; GTS(special)

I have made up an engine spec list of what engines are allowed in the GTP-class.
You are allowed to change engines within the same make. (ie from ProSlot evo 3 to evo2 which is allowedin GTP.)

G

·
at our club we have stopped using the ProSlot motors, the Evo2 can as fast as the Evo3, I think it depends on what sticker they put on it at the factory. Even known to have Evo3 printed on the can but still not as quick as an Evo2. Quality control none excitant!

Dome

·
Registered
75 Posts
Here is the revided car-list for our GT-series:
Carrera Evolution:
Dodge Viper, Porsche GT1 evo + GT1 evo-98, Lambourghini Murcielago R-GT,Ferrari 575 GTC,
Ferrari ENZO, Bentley EXP Speed.
FLY:
Corvette C5 + C5R, Dodge Viper, Venturi LM 400-500-600, Marcos LM600, Porsche 911 GT1 + GT1 EVO, Panoz GTR-1, Lister Storm, BMW M3GTR, Saleen S7R.
NINCO:
Corvette C12R, Callaway Corvette, McLaren F1, Porsche 911 GT1 + GT3, Ferarri F50, BMW M3 GTR,, Mercedes CLK GTR, Mercedes CLK DTM, Opel Astra DTM, Audi TT-R
Policar:
Porsche 911 GT2, Ferrari F355
Proslot:
Ferrari F355, Ferrari F360, Porsch 911 GT2 + GT3 + GT3R, Toyota GT1
Scalextric:
Ferrari F40, Lamborghini Diablo, Mercedes CLK GTR, Mercedes CLK DTM, Porsche 911 GT1 + Gt3R, TVR Speed, TVR 400R, Opel Astra DTM, Mercedes DTM, Dodge Viper, Opel Vectra DTM, Jaguar XJ220
SCX:
Bugatti EB110, Ferrari F40, Porsche 911 GT1, Mercedes DTM, Opel Astra Coupé DTM, Audi A4 DTM, Audi TT-R DTM.
Slot.It
Nissan R390 GT1,Audi R8C.
Team Slot
Nissan R390 GT1
Cartrix:
Honda NSX
Top Slot:
Toyota Supra GT, Porsche GT2, Toyota GT1, Ferarri 550 Maranello, McLaren F1 GTR (long tail).

We have added the Scaley Sport and all the DTM-cars we could find.
This to make it easier for our juniors to find a suitable car.

Here is the motor-list:

Scalextric: (Ozrace / Mabushi)
S, 18500 rpm
T, 21000
Proslot:
EVO 1, 13500
EVO 2, 21500
Fly:
P-1, 18000
SCX:
RX-41 13500 rpm
RX-6 16500 rpm
Pro Turbo Plus 19000 rpm
Ninco:
NC1 15700 rpm
NC2 18100 rpm
NC3 21000 rpm
NC5 20000 rpm
NC7 19300 rpm
Slot.it
SIMN06 17000 rpm
Team Slot:
TS 1
Carerra:
Standard
Policar:
Standard

/The Cat

edit: the list has been updated.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Ooops ! I'm coming in a bit late here but I have a few comments to make :

The Jaguar 220 should be in. It was raced at Le Mans in 1995 in the Gt class and in the 1996 BPR series as well.

Though planned, I don't think an F50 ever raced, nor the Enzo.

The Bentley and the Audi R8C are not Gt cars. They are closed prototypes (GTP's). One could argue that most GT1's were actually closer to prototypes than Gt's but that's another story.

One could add Cartronic's McLaren F1 GTR (long tail).

You also forgot the Honda NSX from Cartrix and the Porsche GT2 from SCX.

If you take Topslot into account, you should add the Maranello, Porsche GT2 and the McLaren F1 GTR (long tail).

·
Jim Moyes
4,999 Posts
QUOTE (fast lucky @ 7 May 2004, 16:23)You also forgot the Honda NSX from Cartrix and the Porsche GT2 from SCX.
I think everybody, including SCX, would prefer to forget their 911 GT2! IMHO the only lemon they've produced in their 40+ year history!

Mr.M

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
I fully agree with agree with you, SCX's GT2 is simply awful. It was mentionned simply for the sake of being complete. Sure enough, you can't say the same about Cartrix's NSX.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts