SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Ever since I hosted the second round of the World Proxy Race, I have wanted my own chassis in the design or type, that most of the WPR cars had.

Because it is the year 2004, I am now an amateur at scratch building or designing such a chassis, so I am asking for feedback about the "New" style of brass/wire 1/32 chassis construction.

I have always made most of my chassis, but did so, making them as most chassis were in the early to mid 1970's.

Now I see that a torsion type (called suspension maybe?) chassis is common.

What are the key points in designing and building a chassis such as these?

Please know that it is my intention to use this information to build my own personal chassis, but also because to improve the design of our chassis to be released to the market soon.

It is always best for any manufacture to ask the end user for their input, ideas, and needs!

If you feel it best rather than post your reply here email me at: [email protected]

Thank you for your help.

Victor Ferguson

TrueScale Products

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Victor: Nothing new about these chassis's. Some open class and group laser cut chassis had most of these features 10 years ago. People would tune wing cars for the Glue and track conditions by changing the thickness of the outer rails. Russell cab probably give us the history of this.
The torsion bars simply allow thw rear of the chassis to pivot independant of the front and by varying the thickness of the "torsion bars" the chassis can be tuned for the differnt tracks. Chris Briggs is running very soft bars 27 thou I think where as I run a little heavier 47 thou. Several cars here have 55 though, Of cause lenght and width of the bars all makes a difference.The ideal chassis would have bars that could be changed easily. There are several great chassis on the market but they are all 2.5 inches wide and limited wheel base and probably a bit light for hard bodies.

Some links are at: BSCRA

Phil

·
Registered
658 Posts
Victor:

This site has all of the information in a nutshell:

http://www.bscra.fsnet.co.uk/mossetti.htm

You will probably get a headache reading it so I'll send you a brass and wire version that will fit your 1/32 Porsche 962C body.

It'll take a two weeks or so because I'm waiting for my new soldering iron to arrive and other projects are backing up as a result.

Later bro'

Bob S.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thanks for the info guys,

Yes Bob, I would like to at least buy a chassis from you.

From what my emails tell me what is needed is not a chassis simular to that used in BRSRA (which is very nice) or any other, but something more configurable and made from brass (simple to solder, cut and no plastic).

I know what we have come-up with should work.

If not, I like it, so I will have allot of chassis of my own.

More later!

Victor

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Bob

Any chance of posting pictures of your work, please?

I'd love to see some pictures of your brass and wire version of the Mossetti laser-cut steel chassis.

With kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
658 Posts
Russell:

Okie dokie...as soon as I can get somebody to take some digital shots of them. I will email them to you directly as I have no clue with regards to posting pics. Did I mention that I was the world's worst photographer? Spent 25 years as an illustrator...so I don't know which end of a camera is up.

Bob S.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts