SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Ive had a few years break but now have a new track setup in spare room. A few years ago I went through a process of chipping some old cars but after picking up my first one to try again Im wondering if Ive blown a chip.

Its and old Fly Dodge Viper and I connected the wires up with some tape and popped it on the track before soldering. It went backwards so I swapped the wires around and popped it back on, no response so I swapped it back, again no response.

Im a relative newbie so just wondering if I have blown the chip? Is there any visible way of telling?

Any help appreciated, frustrating paying £15 for a chip to blow it almost immediately.

·
Premium Member
2,593 Posts
So Ive had a few years break but now have a new track setup in spare room. A few years ago I went through a process of chipping some old cars but after picking up my first one to try again Im wondering if Ive blown a chip.
Its and old Fly Dodge Viper and I connected the wires up with some tape and popped it on the track before soldering. It went backwards so I swapped the wires around and popped it back on, no response so I swapped it back, again no response.
Im a relative newbie so just wondering if I have blown the chip? Is there any visible way of telling?
Any help appreciated, frustrating paying £15 for a chip to blow it almost immediately.
Depending on which wires you swapped over, then yes it is possible that you have fried your chip. However, do not despair, help is on hand in the skilled hands of Greg K of this very parish. He breaths life back into dead chips and raises them from the dead. Send him a PM and he will sort you out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts