SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hope some one can help, just started using ssdc with adv pb and a Riko cable. I up dated the firmware to 1.09 that worked a treat and all seems ok but I can not code the car id, followed the help file instructions but no joy even with the base turned off cable out and power up follow the instructions in the manual for no tower programing no joy no flashing led's nothing. I am only able to program the cars with the tower plugged in, I also can not get a pace car to run on its own, just followed the pace car tutorial videos to the letter,it will not run a none throttle adjusted car or record data to run a throttle adjusted car. I am just trying to get my head around the ssdc before I commit to buy, all I have set right now is an oval track and I want car 1 as me and car 2 as pace car, feeling realy
right now I was under the impresion it was easy and straightforward to use and it was untill I wanted to put a second car on the track,now I have very little hair left.

please help
I am not new to digital but new to this whole computer console interaction

tearing my hair out

Terance AKA lips

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Hi Terance,
First off ....... Welcome to the Forum ........

It might be worth plugging in the Scalextric tower when you boot the APB after an upgrade as this is the only way that you can be certain that the upgrade was successful .......

To set a car ID all you need to do is to plug a controller into the slot you want to ID, then hold down the Start button for about 2s. The green light on the APB should flash, release the button then place a car on a track and press the brake button on the controller. If you have done this correctly, the Red and Green LEDs plus the top one that corresponds to the controller will all flash together, when you see this you are done. Repeat for however many cars you wish to use.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for responding and thanks for the welcome.
The first thing I did after the upgrade was plug in the tower, that side off things all appears ok the new build number is displayed and various parameters have changed like power scale variants, I may have been pressing enter button though as I am sure thats what the instruction book said but I may have read it wrong in my frustration, never did it before without the tower you see. so I will try that tommorrow after i post my pit lane of to Riko for its Pro upgrade, I hope its worth the money, the wife is getting a bit teasy with how much I am spending on this hobby at the moment,
my main frustration is with the ssdc program I dont know why it will not let me run a pace car,or record the data to run a throttle controled pace car,
but again may be my frustration with an unfamiliar system.

but hay Ho it will need to wait till tomorrow.
and any way if it were easy idiots would be doing it

thanks again
Lips

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Part of your difficulties is that the videos and the manual for SSDC have not been updated as quickly as the software has so things do not always appear to work as they should or indeed work as you have so painfully discovered.

An interesting thread on pace cars can be followed here

Have you seen Andrew's tutorials on his website?

·
Registered
217 Posts
As GreK said the manual isnt up to date. Press the "Powerbase connection" button to disconnect the ssdc from the apb after that press the start button for couple of seconds. When the led starts flashing then you can id the car.
And there are couple of threads allready for problems with pacecars. You are not alone with those :-|

·
Administrator
10,175 Posts
QUOTE (Nanook @ 10 Jun 2012, 09:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As GreK said the manual isnt up to date. Press the "Powerbase connection" button to disconnect the ssdc from the apb after that press the start button for couple of seconds. When the led starts flashing then you can id the car.
And there are couple of threads allready for problems with pacecars. You are not alone with those :-|

Nanook, with the latest version of SSDC and the latest firmware it has all been simplified. All you do is go into race manager tab, set up a race and then click the BIG oblong coloured buttons marked "ID"

You do need to have the firmware in the powerbase updated to version 1.07 or above.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Is there some sort of narration with that video on SSDC? I could not hear anything and was sure something must be going on during the pauses between pointer moves etc.
Cheers!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just click the colored boxes in the race setup of SSDC to ID each car. Be sure only one car is on the track at a time when you do this.

As for pace cars working/not working that's an entirely different thing. I have not been able to get consistent performance using SSDC for my pace cars at all. Very frustrating. I am unsure if it is a software issue or my PC/OS or whatever but I've tried everything and can't get them going all the time. Am going to give PC lapcounter a try before I decide on which to buy. I'd suggest trying both before making a decision.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
today I finaly got a chance to run my evaluation on ssdc for a good couple off hours got to grips with car id coding, as Riko said easy 1 car on thrack press the coloured tab that you wish your car to run on and thats it, its now ok, pace cars id and are running, still cant record throttle data for some reason though, maybe its my craptop, who knows, also experienced a new problem, I set the target lap times for the pace cars quite low at 10 seconds a lap a normal lap is about 7 seconds as I have the drivers restricted power to make things fair on my 7 year old when he races, yet after 1 sesion of qualifying I set up a race event and set the pace cars going in free practice, they started slow like I think is correct but after about 3 or 4 laps they started howling round the track and de slotting, so I watched the lap times and they were 14 seconds, the base was only counting every other lap, why?????????????? this is doing my nut in if it aint one thing its another!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for every ones help

Lips

·
Digital Guru
11,201 Posts
hi
you also need to set the minmum lap time as well. In ssdc it is under tracks tab and you also need to connect the tower and have it set to pro mode to set the minimum lap time.

Just set the times to match each other,the time needs to be a time that the cars will never reach, i have mine set to 1 sec..

Also remember to power down before removing the aux cable from the apb or it will be toast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts