SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Lee Beswick
1,212 Posts
Hi Benj,

I use something called 'Powerbond 806' which I pick up from toy fairs and the like. It's a chemical glue type, rather than 'melt it together' type glue like Superglue. Powerbond doesn't mark, discolour or whitten plastic...so makes it good for most slot car fixing jobs.

Powerbond also make an adhesive curer as well...which is fantastic for those jobs where you need the glue to set instantly

Powerbond site

Site doesn't seem to show all the products...they do a lot more!

· Lee Beswick
1,212 Posts
Hi Highbarn,

Ah well the the beuty of Powerbond is that the cap has a needle inside to keep the nozzle all clean and free from blockages. I've never had a bootle block yet, or go off because I always keep it in the fridge and only take it out when I need to use it. I've tried loads of different 'superglues' and am yet to find anything better than this for what it can do

Well known fact - keep your glue in the fridge and it will double the shelf life of any super glue type product!

I'm starting to sound like a powerbond salesmans here!!! I can confirm I have no affiliation with the product and do not recieve any commission!!!

· Lee Beswick
1,212 Posts
Hi John,

Powerbond 806 does not 'fog up' clear windows, unless you use the curer to speed up the drying time. If you just use the glue and leave it to dry naturally then there is no fogging. Again, I think this is because it's a chemical bond type, so there's no melting of the material involved....not very scientific, but that's how I understand it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.