SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,558 Posts
i use a 2 part polyester resin glue i bought of ebay, the only drawback is its not instant, takes3 mins to grab and 9 mins to cure, high strength wonderfull for repairing bodies and for adding plasticard-polystyrene to original bodies. it cost about £2.50 all in. its all in chinese on the small tubes. but if any ones interested, i,ll look it up and post for you. amost forgot to ask!does it [806] fog up the clear windows, with its fumes. john.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
benj, a clear nail varish is ok, it gives you a few seconds to seat the tyre properly. or you could use a special thick slow cure superglue with a setting time of 15-20seconds. the boiling water thing requires several goes, you have to take the wheels out and keep roling the edges of the tyres to beak the bond. when you glue on new tyres only run the bead round the outside edges, it makes it a lot easier to remove john.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
dont use acetone on plastic wheels to get yor tyres off, not unless your a chemist with a stop watch.after?secs the paint comes off, then the plastic gets tacky and starts to dissolve, it does take a minute or so, but its the best method with alloys/john

· Registered
3,558 Posts
nail glue is not superglue, otherwise you,d have a million lawsuits from women who have stuck their fingers together. its good for glueing tyres because it allows enough time to turn them round and make sure the tyres are seated right, before the glue grabs. john.

· Registered
3,558 Posts
racing snake if the spotlight are attached seperately to the body, just dremel the little tabs flat, on the inside of the body. they,re usually melted on, then use some thing pointed to push them out. you can then push them back in for display. john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.