SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain how the O2 cars need to be chipped? Are there to chips to be placed in the car? Do I need two holes for two leds?

Tor Magne Undheim
Currently a happy SSD user.

·
Greg Gaub
15,130 Posts
Chipping for O2 will be EXACTLY THE SAME as chipping for SSD using a slot.it chip. IDENTICAL. In fact, the O2 chip looks so similar, you can barely tell the difference without an electronics degree and a side-by-side comparison, if the antenna on the O2 chip goes missing.

Your confusion stems from the talk about running an O2 car on an SSD track in SSD mode. A VERY SMALL bridge rectifier chip is needed if you want to run O2 and SSD cars along side each other in the same race, so that the O2 car can get DC power from the AC that the SSD cars are using. This chip sits conveniently on top of the guide pin with the wires hooked into it rather than into the guide braids. This system should work and fit fine in most cars, even slot.it's own.

·
Vendor
2,950 Posts
Right MrFlippant!

Actually we are working on a solution which may not need drilling holes in the chassis. Not sure if it'll work though yet, I may have a chance to try it later this week

Regards
Maurizio

·
Premium Member
1,659 Posts
Look forward to seeing that! Will they still be SSD compatible chips?

·
Vendor
2,950 Posts
Yes this is what we are going to test soon. We have a new pickup mould which was designed for testing this out, too.
And yes, IF this works, it will be still SSD compatible.

·
Registered
123 Posts
The six guides I have modified to include an LED (mounted on the leading edge) have worked flawlessly in magless racing and for 4x4s navigating over obstacles.

The only downside is the extra wires in an already tight space.

Hopefully we will see such a guide as a stand-alone item.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts