SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased an SLR and had the chip put in by the guy at the shop (by soldering I think). Now it always drives backwards.
I'm guessing the polarities are reversed somehow. How do I easily correct it? Step by step please as I'm a huge newbie.

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Swap the wires connected from the chip to the motor over. He's fitted them the wrong way. Should be a 2 minute job by the guy who cocked it up. He should have tested it before handing it over.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi crimson 1973,

from your description,of the problem,it sounds to me as though the guy at the shop has indeed crossed the wires from the chip to the motor,having done this myself the problem is well known.
hope this helps.
tom75

·
Digital Guru
11,201 Posts
hi
having chipped a number of cars over the years it is a bit of a lottery to get them right first time..

So connect everything up and test for direction before re fitting the bodyshell etc..

·
Greg Gaub
15,413 Posts
If you're not good at soldering, you can cut and splice the wires with a good twist, then tape them to keep them connected and prevent shorts. Should be fine.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
I would take it back to the shop and ask them to remedy the situation.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Any update on this ???

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Havn't had the chance to take it back. Had to move house (which really sucks) The guy I purchased it off said he'd fix it up for me. I just need to take it back. Good news is that I have now a house with a car and a 1/2 length garage where I will have 2 dehumidifiers running. I will make a fixed layout as soon as all the boxes are cleared and stuff is put away.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
It shouldn't take him long as all he needs to do is to reverse the black and red wires on the motor ............

Great news about the garage and the space ........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts