SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Circuit Owner
5,923 Posts
My ford Taurus NASCARS (the bash 'n' crash ones) are my longest cars - they are 161mm long - 10mm longer than my transit vans!!!

The SCX modern NASCARS are about 157mm long.

Just to put this into persepective - my classic Mini Coopers are 100mm long including bumpers!

I don't have an MC12 but I suspect the Taurus is longer by a few mm.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Modern F1 cars are surprisingly long, for example the Sauber F1 web site says their 2012 F1 is 5195mm long (a bit over 162mm in 1/32)
OK nobody makes a slot car body yet, but I guess the idea is to be sure cars you might buy in the future cars will fit your car box.

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 2 Mar 2012, 09:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My ford Taurus NASCARS (the bash 'n' crash ones) are my longest cars - they are 161mm long - 10mm longer than my transit vans!!!

The SCX modern NASCARS are about 157mm long.

Just to put this into persepective - my classic Mini Coopers are 100mm long including bumpers!

I don't have an MC12 but I suspect the Taurus is longer by a few mm.

My MC12s are 161mm as well!

·
Circuit Owner
5,923 Posts
I found a longer one I had forgotten about...

I will see your Cadillac and raise you a Ford Gran Torino - all 175 glorious millimetres of it !!!

Beat that gentlemen (caravans and trailers are cheating!)

By the way if you bring in dragsters you need to prove they will go round an R1 hairpin!

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 2 Mar 2012, 19:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I found a longer one I had forgotten about...

I will see your Cadillac and raise you a Ford Gran Torino - all 175 glorious millimetres of it !!!
Obviously the Caddy is the short wheelbase "sports" model

·
David H
3,893 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Modifier @ 2 Mar 2012, 19:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I will see your Cadillac and raise you a Ford Gran Torino - all 175 glorious millimetres of it !!!
Beat that gentlemen (caravans and trailers are cheating!)
Plymouth Road Runner Superbird. 176mm
Carrera Dodge Charger Daytona. 177mm!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.