SlotForum banner

Caravans

3K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  Harry Porsche 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Slot car abuse in the Early hours of Saturday morning....

WHERE: Downtown Zürich.
WHY: why not?
Response from the locals:

Consoling glances, polite chuckles or open sniggering, covert 'goes' when no one was looking

SAD ??? ME ??? Hey trust me I am a Slothead.... It was F.U.N !

See less See more
#2 ·
I had to race these as part of an episode of `Short Circuits`.To be honest I wasn`t too happy to begin with but it was really good fun . Of course a lot of comments never made the final edit but Alex Riley and I got stuck in and to be honest there is a lot of skill involved.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I know I'm bringing this post back from the dead but I like those caravans and I know where to get a pair with all the coupling hooks for £10 on Ebay Buy it Now. But what are those cars from, manufacturer, scratch built kit, I love the 2 of them? I'm guessing that the Silver is a Ninco Callaway and the others a 911 GT1 with no spoiler. How well do the caravans run?

#10 ·
At Molesey we made our own caravan from laminated A4 paper... Quite a simple design - One peice made the roof, front rear and sides - with gluing tabs. Using a cut out and score technique - glued togethor using hot glue. Chassis was also from laminated paper, with a set of spare bearings, glued the axle in line (any axle from a ninco car- mine a CLK) - towing hook from a bent paperclip - and a paper clip bent to form a hitch on the caravan.

They produced hours of fun, and caused no damage on crashing as they were extremely light. Al cars were Ninco Callaways running on NC2's....

The cheif designer - made a set of mobile toilets, a hot dog van, a horse box and even a tanker trailer using the same method.... If only I'd got a pic...

Awesome fun.... Domejud... are they still parked around the Pikie site at fire exit bend???? Post a photo m8....

Cheers
Cools

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.