SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
while looking in my model shop i saw some carbon fibre rods and i thought "hey those could make a good slotcar" but heres the big question: what do you stick it together with? somehow i dont think that solder is a good idea.......

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i was thinking of rods of the stuff, not sheets.... thanx ne way, but would superglue work coz i dont know what epoxy is.......

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Epoxy resin? Have you heard of Araldite- that's a brand name. Anyway epoxy is a 2 part mix. You have a tube or bottle of resin and a tube or bottle of hardener. Mix them together in equal quantities and the glue you have made will set (or "go off" to use the normal term) in approximately the time shown on the labels (5, 15, 30 minutes etc.) to forma quite a strong join.

Hope this helps,

MArk.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
our araldite doesnt work very well...

I do believe it's about 3 days younger than me... hmm thats almost 17 years old.. does it go off?

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm making a carbon fibre chassis for the world proxy race. I'm going to use araldite to slick everything together. Look out for pictres soon, as carbon fibre is expected any day now...

Lotus

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ohhhhhh..... why diddent u say araldite..... if u had id know what ur talking about.......

ill have a look at the next toy fare for something to use the running gear off of, ive got loads of axels with no bearings and wheels that take those old midget tyres that u cant get ne where....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts