SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this off ebay:

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Traffic light Rectangle Electricity

its a 1/32 scale mrrc body/kit of a porsche carrera 6 / 906. Looks like it is designed for a slot car, as the interior appears to be a pan type affair.

Is this an old model? a pre-release find? If anyone knows anything about it, is its scale and detail accuracy known or chassis recommended?

ta for any forthcoming info

Dave

Attachments

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Hi Astro

Airfix acquired MRRC in 1962 and marketed the slot car range as Airfix - MRRC. The later range of Airfix - MRRC slot cars included the Porsche 906, introduced in in 1966 and deleted in 1978.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
dave I can probably find you an axel bracket and a steering unit for this . They came with 3 different motors in the rtr range can you send me some better pics then I can identify it for you . The early one had the airfix cube motor and a double pin arangement for the guide and an under tray, later ones had johnson 222 can motors ,then johnson 111 when mrrc reisued .It also came as the clubman special with an airfix slimline and later with the mrrc ballrace motor so you can see theres a lot of variations on the one car

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers russell for the history!

Grah - I am awaiting its arrival in the post, will put up some more pics when I get it. I am not specifically interested in restoring it to its correct historical chassis - but if this is an economical and easy means to get it up and running, then I am tremendously interested, and would appreciate that a lot!

My main aim is to have a pretty carrera 6 to race with my GT40s and Fly historic racers.

cheers

Dave

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I used to have the MRRC ballraced version as a kid. Loved it! Airfix produced it as a bagged static model kit, one of which I recently paid the earth for from Carkits. I love that too. I think the Classic Fibreglass shell is moulded from it- but I can't be sure. Anyway, it's a great looking car, and I hope you get it running the way you want it!

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
I also have the Airfix kit in my "To Do" pile. Nice little kit, but needs a small motor if you are going to retain much of the interior. Still thinking about this one.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi. The Carrera 6 Derek Cooper built for me can be viewed under the new post entitled "Derek Cooper's Vintage Beauties". This car has the Airfix/MRRC slimline chassis. Good luck on your project. Olympus 5

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I have an original boxed RTR one with the light lenses and decals still under the box insert, I will post pics of it tomorrow.

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Dave the one you have is the clubman special version , ,the streeri unit I have will fit but the bac axle bracket wont so un less you can find a clubman chassis and motor then scratc building is the best bet , Pm me your address and I'l send the steering on I'll post some pics of the clubman chassis later unless Phil beats me to it

1 - 20 of 23 Posts