SlotForum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Forum

Does anyone know if is possible to obtain, as a separate item, the alternative guide blades supplied with modern Carrera F1 cars? I know one is supplied with a new car but I have butchered both mine somewhat and would like to replace them.
I have E-mailed Carrera but did not receive a reply.

Regards

floydfan

·
Registered
299 Posts
I ordered a package of the 85309 replacement guides and they're completely useless on Scalextric track. In fact they're identical to the guide keels that came with the cars I got. Mine was a package of two keels and several braids. Maybe the pack of ten keels is the right one?

·
Digital "Tea Boy"
777 Posts
I ordered the "10 pack" and this is what I got:

Hope that helps.

·
David H
3,724 Posts
QUOTE (Keeto @ 19 Nov 2011, 23:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ordered the "10 pack" and this is what I got:
Wow! Pendle need to rename them. The nearest they come to being "universal" for current Carrera cars is "universally useless". They won't fit without major butchery.

Three Carrera guides shown below. Upper right is the standard deep guide fitted to current Carrera models, lower right is the shallower/shorter/thinner guide that (sometimes) comes in the spares packet with new cars. Left hand one is the older style, which is the same depth and thickness as bottom right. Send this photo to your chosen supplier and ask for whichever one you want. Hope it helps.

carrera-guide-1.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE (Ichabod @ 19 Nov 2011, 22:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I ordered a package of the 85309 replacement guides and they're completely useless on Scalextric track. In fact they're identical to the guide keels that came with the cars I got. Mine was a package of two keels and several braids. Maybe the pack of ten keels is the right one?

Ref. 20366 is the standard replacement guide, ref. 85309 guides for other tracks. I ckecked this in 2 different German shops. Are sure you got the package you asked for ?

·
Registered
299 Posts
QUOTE (fast lucky @ 20 Nov 2011, 02:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ref. 20366 is the standard replacement guide, ref. 85309 guides for other tracks. I ckecked this in 2 different German shops. Are sure you got the package you asked for ?
That was my thought - but the package looks exactly like the above photo and has 85309 on the label.

·
Registered
664 Posts
as an alternative I stripped out the guide gubbins of a modern carrera car & found that a grey Ninco sprung guide fitted straight in, just needed rewiring, job done

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice. Do you have a part number/reference code or whatever, or a link to it, so that I can get the right thing? (this time
)

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Is the new Ninco guide ok with SSD, I remember still having to do a little work on my Ninco guides to get them to work (this was about two years ago)

·
Registered
651 Posts
There is an issue with Carrera's North American distributor whereby they have put standard guides in the 85309 package. I suggest contacting your vendor and letting them know that they sent you the wrong part even though the label on the bag is correct. The special guide has a thinner cross section, is shallower, and shorter - and does work well on Sport track.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts