SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this time I'm seeking some feedback before I buy the car. LOL.

Carrera's Bently EXP Speed 8 looks very nice. Anyone with experience with this car and its performance? Have you enjoyed the car?

The general knock I have heard against Carrera is that the cars are slow. However, I'll primarily be running these on a 9 ft. x 6 ft. home track, so there probably won't be room for a lot of blistering speed. Does Carrera offer a better performing motor that can be readily used to upgrade a too slow car?

Thanks for your insights.

Mike

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
For home use, it'll be fine. Just dont take it to the club cos the performanc is pretty woeful. Out of round tyres, guide's too weird, allthat polarity junk weighs it down.

A shame, great looker, crap racer.

Should be good for home though, slide the fornt mag furthest away and it'll kick out nicely.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Make sure you get the later twin magnet car! The early single mag was a pretty poor runner....

The later car is significantly upgraded over the prior release - better bearings, better gearing...

The car as a whole has all the ingredients to make a very nice non-mag runner as well, *IF* you glue and true ALL the wheels and tyres (Yup! the fronts as well). There was an event held in the UK earlier this year for Carrera Bentley and Audis to compete on a copper taped routed wood track. The performance of these cars using just their box stock components carefully assembled and optimised was *very* impressive

Out of the box as a magnet car I generally find it's best to scrub the rear tyres a little to release some grip. You can also adjust the rear mag as well as the front one by unscrewing its' carrier slightly.

With a little 'fettling' the Carrera Bentley can be made into a very reasonable runner

-Rob

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
I ran an event at Bolton earlier this year for carrera Bently and Audis great close racing and quite fast once wed sorted them out, basic set up we used was tyres trued and glued turned down to a minimum size,Play taken out of guide by wrapping the shaft with one layer of copper tape,and loosening the body to damp any vibes ,this is the hard part pn carera as the body posts fit into cups so youve got to shave thes off with a sharp knife,take the mags out glur thr motor in and your in buisness.
I have another carrera bently project on the bench at the moment and this will fly

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
on a home twisty track, I found the bentley (new chassis) very dissappointing out of the box. The thing that has made the biggest difference is putting skinny tyres on the front. (GOM or Pink Kar - think I have GOM onthis car). With that, it is very good indeed!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts