Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carrera Bentley handling...usually average..pitty for such a good lookin car...well I've improved my lap times by 1.2 sec and had more controllable FUN..less de-slot time!!! How????? I replaced the guide with an old one from an original Scalextric Mini...hot wired it..simple job and hey presto a transformed car.......still won't take full whelly but better..might try some front weights next as back end slides less forcefully....try it..let me know your thoughts.
I bet I look stupid if thie has already been done & posted.

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
If you change the rear axle with a slot.it and some tyres too, that will give you better handling.
You might also have to change the pinion to get more breaking.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just got one of these but it's a bit slippery on Scaley Sport track even with second magnet (later model), what are the best tyres as a straight swap?

Dave

·
Registered
59 Posts
Nitro,

Similar improvements can be had by using the original guide with a brass tube sleeve fitted into a reamed out guide hole to minimize slop.

Irea152,

I think Road Huggers RH2083 tires are a direct replacement for the stock tires. I say I think, because I have replaced the running gear with a Slot-It replacement set as suggested. These tires fit the Slot-It rims and are large enough to fill the Bentley's wheel wells.

You can make the car work with stock gears and tires simply by relocating the sliding magnet to a position between the motor and rear axle. This was one of the early mods I made to the car for my Sport track. It was really stuck down and flew. Not much fun. Since then I replaced the gear set and tires, fixed the guide, eliminated the extra
Carrera electrical bits and thinned down the body to lighten it. It is now very smooth and can be run magnet free. I'm not ready to give the magnets up yet, so I may add some of the thin neo dots. The blue Slot-It crown gear is about as big as you can fit (don't remember how many teeth). You will need to grind the body and chassis to get this gear to fit.

These same mods are in the works for my Carrera BMW, Audi and Panoz LMP cars. Want to get a group of matched cars.

Larry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts