SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I started to tune my Carrera Bentley (old chassis version) with the tuning parts from slo.it.
Slot.it offers a tuning package for Carrera cars, that´s the one I purchased. I started to to take the car apart, removed the magnet, took the rear axel out and replaced the it with the slot.it one. Than I wanted to implement the gear, but I noticed that it is too big and touches the chassis.
No problem, started the Dremel, cut a little hole where the gear should be and it fits perfectly now, the 26 crown.
Now I wanted to put the body back on and noticed that the 26 crown is too big.

Any suggestions (and please don´t tell me to cut a hole in the body!!).

Thanks,
Nico

http://www.grenzlandslot.com

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hallo Thomas,
danke.
I have no problem to grind the inside of the body. Ijust would have a big problem to make a hole in the body so that the gear fits!!!!!

How about lowering the position of the axel bushing. Would that help in addition (stupid question, of course it would help) to grinding the body??

Nico

Grenzlandslot

·
Registered
773 Posts
...it would be contra-productive as the center of gravity is risinig!
Try to grind the body - and if the slot-it kit does not fit, just look for the new modified chassis/body of the Bentley. If you've no access to one, you might get one from me.

·
Senior Slot Car Mechanic
2,230 Posts
Another thing you can do,is to put the gear on a shaft in your Dremel tool,and reprofile the Outside diameter of the gear a bit.You can put a big radius on the side oposite the teeth,and reduce the diameter by a few thou.

Every little bit helps.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Funny!

I tune a Carrera bentley with Slot.It parts (bushings, axle, crown, pinion and motor V12/2 23K rpm). With the old chassis I do not cut an hole on it just grind a lot to mount the crown (z=26) an put the body without screws. Start the engine slowly and increase the speed about an hour or so I notice a bump in the body. Problem solved

I even can put a bigger crown (z=27) but is need some work: fix it in an axle and carefully grind it with the Dremel.

The car behave well iin the track, but it destroy 6 (SIX) Slot.It crowns, both alluminium and brass. The problem was: the axle was not parellel to the track in one side the axle was almost 0.5mm higher
. I buy another car and solve this problem. But if I destroy another crown I will give up. I already have two Bentleys on the shelf...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.