SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted this on Pendleslot's forum too, but thought I'd copy it here for a wider audience:-

Bit of a problem with my Camaro (review on SlotForum). The black tampo printed lettering is coming off and it's nothing to do with my driving style either! I don't know why or how - none of my other Carrera cars are suffering in this way, just the Yellow No.64 car. Most of the black lettering needs no encouragement to fall off. However, some of the other tampo detailing and indeed the no 64 on the left hand door is still intact and quite happily withstands fingerprints etc.

I don't know what can be done about this issue, but I thought I'd better post it for feedback and see if anyone else has had this problem?

Cheers,
Mark.

G

·
HI,

I'm not particularly good on the painting/decorating side of the cars, but I have heard that Johnson's Clear is good stuff for the job.

I think I heard Mickl talking about it recently, I cant be sure though.

Cheers

Baz

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (Baz @ 9 Apr 2004, 12:15)HI,

I'm not particularly good on the painting/decorating side of the cars, but I have heard that Johnson's Clear is good stuff for the job.

I think I heard Mickl talking about it recently, I cant be sure though.

Cheers

Baz
Hi Baz,

You're right - Johnson's Clear/Future is the way to go, but not when you've already lost half the tampo

Sorry m8

Astro - you morbid git! Hang on I'll try and take some pics - low res digi camera mumble, mumble...

Mark.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Hi "Baz", I've used Klear on my last six or seven repaints, it's very good a provides a tough coating, which so far has lasted well. It does not harm even the most delicate of Decals.

Seems better when applied as a fairly thick coat with a wide brush. I usually apply it to the completed car, Window glass installed, and it gives a good finish even hiding small surface scratches on the plastic windscreen.

Some people dunk the whole bodyshell in a bath of Klear and this also seems effective, although I have not tried this method.

Great stuff and very cheap, also a single bottle will last for ages.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
As requested Astro. Enjoy

Not good pictures, but on the right hand side of the car you can see bit of the number 64 missing (not a reflection) likewise the Sterbins automotive wording on the front wing and the Mid del auto parts on the rear wing.

The left side of the car has fared slightly better - the 64 is still complete, but the sponsors names at front and rear are coming off.

Like I said, I don't know what the outcome of this issue will be.

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
cheers 4 the pics - glad u explained wot they were too!

It deffinately seems more than normal wear and tear, suspect a bad batch of paint or something ie manufacturing fault (unless the missing paint is accompanied by gouges in the plastic from big crashes!)

G

·
Hi again,

I could suggest you try to touch back in the wording and lettering with a felt tip marker pen.
The other option is to take it back to the retailer and see what they say.

Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Idea Baz, but some of the letters are too far gone for me to get the font right
Thnx anyway!

Whilst it has de-slotted acouple if times, the car ends up on its roof, pirouetting away down Slot Tech's smooth wooden routed track. The tampo on my other cars is unaffected, unless as you say they've been in a proper impact.

I'll see what Carrera say as well as having a chat with Sean.

Mark.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts