SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of Carrera cars at a swap meet, and of course found out that they need different guide "keels" to run on Scalextric track. Being [lazy/unmotivated/not much of a modifier/practical/willing to pay for stuff whenever it cuts down on tinkering] I ordered a bag of the "85309" replacement keels, which are (allegedly) for running Carrera cars on "other" tracks.

They're exactly the same dimensions as the keels on the cars. So, apparently I have a couple of practice ones to modify, but is my illusion of German efficiency shattered by some sort of mislabeling error? Plus, what's the best way of modifying my rapidly expanding collection of overly large keels?

(Other than the labelling eror by these lazy Germans
, and their predilection for daft big guides, I'm very impressed with the two cars).

· Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interestingly (to me, anyway), I do run digital, but the stock guides/keels even get stuck in the regular straight sections in some places due to being too thick - could be some of my track pieces are a bit squished?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.