SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
I've acquired a Carrera DB3 recently with a view to doing some slight mods to turn it into a Le mans runner of 1952.

On looking at the car it appears the driver is either 10ft tall or sitting on some cushions whilst driving

an easy modification for this is to replace Mr Carrera with Mr Ninco, there's no extra trimming or modifying required apart from the straight swap and the result is much more realistic driving position...

Carrera Driver on the left, Ninco driver on the right

An easy mod, now he's looking through the windshield instead of being head and shoulders above it
. The car now has a much meaner look on the track.

Edit: here's the real thing in action,

Regards,
MAF

·
Registered
545 Posts
Looks great! I've got this car and I never realized he was sitting on a phone book. I'll give this a try.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Excellent Marlon. The driver now looks much more at home.

Nice work on the car as well, can we have some pictures?.

Regards

Alan

PS The Co-pilot from my Carrera Aston is currently undergoing surgery so that he can drive my current project the Matchbox kit of a Jaguar SS 100.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Beejay,

My son rolled the Carrera 300 SLR at a very high rate of speed and Stirling was ejected. However, with a little bit of surgery, he now resides in my newly completed MRRC Vanwall.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alan,

I haven't started the mods on this car yet (apart from driver), this is still the box standard 'Historic Racer' version.

The XK120 1950 le mans entry is almost done, a conversion from the Ninco 'Alpen Rallye' car. I should be able to post pics by the end of the week.

I'm cotemplating the conversion of an Airfix Aston Ulster, are you using a motogp motor in your Jag? I'll keep an eye out for your posts on your Jag, I think I'm going to need some expert advice.

Best regards,
Marlon.

·
Alan Tadd
4,035 Posts
Marlon . I've built the chassis for the Jag, ( brass) and test run the car with the basic bodyshell fitted.

I have used the MOTOGP motor and it seems to be fine. I'm trying to include some very basic cockpit detail, so I have made up a lexan floor which sits just above the motor, hence the drastic surgery need to driver!.... The car also needs careful placement of the guide to get it to work properly.

I didn't realise Carrera did the version of the Aston you have, looks much nicer than the car I have.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I resisted buying the Carrera Aston because it looked so toy-like, but you've transformed it there, Maf!
I'll add it to my Christmas list now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts