SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pendle Slot Racing have a range of Carrera 1/24th cars on Special Offer at £25 each including Panoz, Porsche Gt1, Audi A4, Audi R8 etc. Also a complete 1/24th set for only £75. Ideal additions for your Argos sets!!!

Dont miss out on these specials and others

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Do you know Graham I saw that yesterday and haven`t stopped thinking about them...what a bargain. Can you tell me if they go well as I have no experience of this scale?

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never tried them my self but they look like they might have some potential I will probably get one and give it a try you cant be bit at the price

·
Registered
773 Posts
FYI - the elder 1/24 had an other gear ratio - and are not breaking well. But with a little experience you've a fast car! We're racing them - just mags gremuved and tires trued - against each other and they are 100% fun to drive - especially if you've no experience with 1/24 it's an excellent entry to this scale! But you need borders on your track and sufficient power supply for each lane - min 1A per lane - and the track has to be long enought - not below 10m / 33 ft! If you might get these cars for 25£ - buy them all - except the Audi A4 - these are incredible bargains!!!! You might rework them to improve their capabilities - but just ask me about how-to - I'll assist....

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
my local got some in and priced less than sean but I wont be buying any, wont go on the club track! well they might just have to knock some others off

·
Registered
773 Posts
...if shipping costs / taxes and import duties would be lower I would please you to get me some! Actually they charge more than 100CHF here in Switzerland for these cars!

More than 43£ if you're more familiar with that currency

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thomas you are a gentleman. You could always have what you buy shipped to me to hold and collect when you visit me?

·
Registered
420 Posts
I think that those 1/24 cars are really great. Not in the sense of bing fast or looking fantastic or anything (they are nice - but not perfect). However what makes them fun is the experience of them. They are very different animals indeed - not much of braking - they roll for a mile. But they are a fascinating drive. You have to have plenty of hard shoulders to enjoy them - but they are certainly worth a try. For that price I think they are fantastic. If they are raced against each other it makes perfect sense to me. My girlfriend is not always up for slot-car racing - but she has never said no as of yet to a round with 'the big ones'. Why I asked her a few days ago (she is used to scalextric cars otherwise) - Because it is NOT like slotcar racing.... she said. Have yet to figure out the meaning of that answer myself though...

//peter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.