SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has to be added or changed to change to Carrera 132 from 124 digital? Do you also run a pace car or an autonomus car when you race? Thanks Ron

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
At a bare minimum- nothing.

The D124 cars will be slower on a D132 power supply, but some people (me, for one) like to pull the big magnet and run them that way. If you want the cars to show their full speed, you'll need a regulated power supply that will deliver 18 volts. Carrera's D124 power supply is a possibility.

The biggest change- you will need borders on the inside and outside of most of the curves on your track. On some turns you can get away with no inside border, but you'll need them on any 1/60 curves you may have. If your track was acquired by buying D132 sets, then 1/60 curves may be all you have. The borders are needed because the longer D124 cars can drag the rear tire off the inside of the track as they negotiate a tight curve.

The digital functions are identical between D132 and D124. Adjustable maximum speed & brake for every car chip. Ghost cars, pace cars, fuel- everything works the same.

·
Registered
577 Posts
QUOTE (darticus @ 15 Sep 2011, 09:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Ron
I think you are already running 124 cars with 18V power supply - is this correct?

If you are then 132 cars will run on your track without any change.
All you need to do is to set the speed down when you run 132 cars as they normally run on 14.8V power supply but will run without issue on 18V.

On my track I have both Carrera 14.8V and 18V power supplies and just simply plug in the 14.8V for 132 and change to 18V for 124.

Hope this answers your question

Cheers

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
QUOTE (Scootcar50 @ 18 Sep 2011, 01:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think you are already running 124 cars with 18V power supply - is this correct?

If you are then 132 cars will run on your track without any change.
All you need to do is to set the speed down when you run 132 cars as they normally run on 14.8V power supply but will run without issue on 18V.

On my track I have both Carrera 14.8V and 18V power supplies and just simply plug in the 14.8V for 132 and change to 18V for 124.

Oops! Sorry I completely misread the question. The above is correct. To go from D124 to D132, you really don't have to do anything.

An adjustable power supply or a D132 PS to swap out won't hurt.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am running the 124 power unit which I'm sure is 18v. Can the 18v be used on the 132 if you just don't go full speed? Is there an easy way to reduce the 18v or is it best to buy the 14v power supply?
I noticed the lap counting program download at the bottom of your reply. Are you using it? Does it work good and do you have to modify the track to get the info into the computer? I can't look on that page now so I'm asking if something else is needed like sensors.
Do you have any of your track pics here to view or maybe on utube? Thanks Ron

·
Registered
577 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts