SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I've just gotten back into Slot Cars after being away for 20+ years and boy have things changed and yet my desire to race hasn't! I promised my wife I'll let the kids play too...

After spending a few hours looking through posts I've seen symptoms that lead me to believe my issue is that the "black box" is now set on Pro-X. When I put any of my Digital cars down on the track they want to run at full throttle. I've see a great video showing how to tell if you box can switch between digital and Pro-X. Unfortunately I believe my unit can not go between these two modes meaning I have some other issue. Any idea?

I was able to race two cars at once. I was able to set up each wireless controller on either 1 or 2. When I touch the front of the car down and hit the change lane button twice then lift the car and repeat nothing changes. The engine just runs full throttle. Often I can't get the lights to blink.

Any ideas?

thanks! Ed

·
Tore
1,692 Posts

Sounds like the cars are programmed as ghost cars, but first check if your BB is pro-x compatible or not, and if so make sure it's in D132 mode (check video 1), Then make sure the wireless controllers are programmed correctly (video 2), and then place the car on the track while holding it still: "click twice", "lift front", "put it back down", "click twice" and then the motor should stop and give a little beep sound. It can take a little practice to get the pause between the clicks and lifting right, but look at video 2 and 3 and repeat until you get it right.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tore,

Unfortunately I have not been able to resolve the issue. My black box doesn't act like either in the above video. It starts out with two red lights that blink and move out before returning to the center red light as fixed. I've tried pushing the start button and turning it off then on but the same sequential display is shown. Tested it with the cars and still stay fixed on full speed.

I can program the wireless controller to be on position 1 or 2 or 3 etc... Pushing the throttle confirms the position I've set. So I know the wireless controller is working. Also, I've been able to put the wireless controller on a channel, hold down the lane change button, turn on the black box and set the speed of the black box. Despite setting this to 1 the cars appear to fly off the track when I put them down.

I'm thinking the cars are locked on ghost car as well but they refuse to accept a new position. I'm about to pull the black box off the track and bring it to a hobby shop to see what they can make of it.

- Ed

·
Bruce Yingling
1,603 Posts
Not that it's an answer for you- but you don't 'set the speed of the Black Box'. When you hold the lane change button and turn on the BB, then click to set a speed- it only effects the cars that are on the track. The BB itself doesn't have any speed setting. It transmits a max speed command through the rails of the track that is picked up by the digital chip of any cars that are on track at the time. The procedure programs the speed setting in the car chip, by sending a command from the BB. So if no cars are on the track when you do this, you haven't changed the speed of anything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts