SlotForum banner

Carrera Digital track for oXigen 1/32 and 1/24

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Lone Racer 
#1 ·
Hi All

The other day I got an offer that I could not pass and decided to buy some Carrera digital.

I have plenty of SSD track and I am not going to stop using it. But for a while I would like to try Carrera.

Also the idea is to go native with oXigen and run both 1/32 and 1/24 cars.

The size of my table is 2.3 x 5.5 m but I can push the long size up to 5.7 m.

This is my first attempt at designing a carrera track that should suit also 1/24 (no experience at all here).

So I have tried to leave around room for borders and use as little as possible R1s.

The track should be for 5 to 6 cars.

German2.jpg

This layout is based on one I have found googling around for carrera tracks.

Let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
At the moment I have only space for one track. So far I have changed layout almost once a year.

We run championships that last around 11 weeks based on a specific class (currently racing carrera GT3). So after a couple of classes we might want to change layout.

Next time I might even change track type. I will take the scalex track down and put up the carrera.

Race on it a for a year and then change again...

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Hi Steve

I agree with you that the R1 carrera are more similar to the R2 scalex. But I am thinking running 1/24 and I was told to limit the number of carrera R1.

If the layout will be not challenging or too flat-out then I can always change it. I do not do any landscape on my layouts so changing it will be a matter of reassemble the pieces on a different configuration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.