SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just extended my truck to almost 60 ft, and started having issues with power (cars dying along the track). I purchased and installed a 20v/10 Amp transformer, but continue to have issues. I discovered today the issue were the controllers, almost like they are not charging. If I get really really close to the CU, it works fine, but the minute I step away the car dies. I have 2 duo chargers. I moved it now after the CU, I had it right before the CU. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Any thoughts??

· Registered
174 Posts
Sometimes a controller reset will work. You can do that by removing the battery from all the controllers that are exhibiting this behavior. At the bottom of each controller is the door for the battery. Just use a small phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw and pull the batter out, then disconnect the battery from the controller at the plug. I think you need to have it unplugged for 30+ seconds, then you can install the battery back into the controller and give them a full charge.

I had this same problem a couple months ago, and initially thought it was my wireless router, which cna create some problems. But it wasn't, it was controller batteries. And if you have wireless controller that works fine you can always test the theory by swapping batteris. Good luck!!:)

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes a controller reset will work. You can do that by removing the battery from all the controllers that are exhibiting this behavior. At the bottom of each controller is the door for the battery. Just use a small phillips head screwdriver to remove the screw and pull the batter out, then disconnect the battery from the controller at the plug. I think you need to have it unplugged for 30+ seconds, then you can install the battery back into the controller and give them a full charge.

I had this same problem a couple months ago, and initially thought it was my wireless router, which cna create some problems. But it wasn't, it was controller batteries. And if you have wireless controller that works fine you can always test the theory by swapping batteris. Good luck!!
smile.png
Thanks mate, but it did not do the trick.
mad.gif

· Banned
6,404 Posts
I wonder if the power into the charging station has the correct polarity? With standard wiring the charging station should be on the left as the car drives past.

C

· Registered
1,747 Posts
Wireless range issues come up on one of the Carrera facebook groups all the time. Rechargeable battery life issues also come up. I wonder if they are related. i.e. the battery unable to provide the voltage required for the transmission.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wonder if the power into the charging station has the correct polarity? With standard wiring the charging station should be on the left as the car drives past.

C
Interested point. I had it originally on the left side (seeing the cars coming), end then added a pit stop, and moved the charger to the other side, and been having issue then. I will try to moved back over to the other side to see if it makes a difference. Lights on the controllers blink as if they were charging.

· Registered
174 Posts
How many controllers do you have? Check all controllers for which position they are bound to. Sometimes having more than one controller bound to a position can cause this same problem. If not sure go through the binding process with each controller again to be sure none are sharing the same position/channel.

· Bruce Yingling
1,659 Posts
Interested point. I had it originally on the left side (seeing the cars coming), end then added a pit stop, and moved the charger to the other side, and been having issue then. I will try to moved back over to the other side to see if it makes a difference. Lights on the controllers blink as if they were charging.
You can plug it into either side of the adapter track. Won't make any difference.

I know you say this happens everywhere on the track, but you also say this started after you expanded to 60ft. So how many jumpers do you have installed on that 60 feet, and what voltage are you running on your power supply?

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You can plug it into either side of the adapter track. Won't make any difference.

I know you say this happens everywhere on the track, but you also say this started after you expanded to 60ft. So how many jumpers do you have installed on that 60 feet, and what voltage are you running on your power supply?
I have a total of 3 jumpers, and running at 16.2 V

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How many controllers do you have? Check all controllers for which position they are bound to. Sometimes having more than one controller bound to a position can cause this same problem. If not sure go through the binding process with each controller again to be sure none are sharing the same position/channel.
I just tried this, and I think it may have fixed it!!!!!!
thumbsup2.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.