SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I noticed your post having just walked in from meeting and racing Thomas at Phoenix. He has just opened my eyes,big time to Carrera and Carrera Digital. I will not steal his thunder as I`m sure he will post on this subject when he can. Enough to say I believe there are enough reasons to keep an eye on carrera Digital in my opinion.

·
Registered
773 Posts
QUOTE (jonny s @ 25 Aug 2004, 23:20)I noticed your post having just walked in from meeting and racing Thomas at Phoenix. He has just opened my eyes,big time to Carrera and Carrera Digital. I will not steal his thunder as I`m sure he will post on this subject when he can. Enough to say I believe there are enough reasons to keep an eye on carrera Digital in my opinion.
...why opening up eyes? Thing sometimes are so close, that you can't see them

About Carrera Digital - there is a possibility to run digital and analog on the same track - but this requires some soldering! NO big deal at all!
The Ghost-car is not comapreable with the challenger - there is an other principle behind as the car changes lanes randomly!
And in general - don't compare digital slotracing with analogue slotracing - this requires a different kind of driving!
And FYI - for homeracing 4 cars are enough! Just imagine what happens when you have 16A and 18V on your track - you might weld any metal which is in contact with both rails! Far to dangerous!
Lapcounting for digital and analogue systems works different - for digital you might use the same devices like for 1:10 RC-cars - transponders - or count laptimes with the encoded guide like Carrera does (bad solution IMHO!)
When I've the time and the funds, Suzuka will also be equipped with the digital system from Carrera - adding more possibilities and fun to this track! When I'm building up this, I'll announce it here in the forum.
Regards from sunny! Theale (Reading)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Thomas!
What kind soldering do I have to do have analog and digital on the same layout? I know that I must connect two interruptors on each digital component (ProX blackbox and ProX lane changer), but are there any other things to do? Have you tried it yet (digital and analog on the same circuit? What about RMS on the same circuit?
Thanks, Matevz

·
Registered
773 Posts
Hi Matevz,
RMS together with Digital works - BUT you've to take into account that the RMS only works for analogue racing! There is an excellent german description available from Udo how to modify the digital system. Try to translate that with Altavista or any other tool - have not the time to do that at the moment...

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Thomas I really benefited from your explanation of how you can get across all four lanes and also the way you put your curves together. I think opthers would be interested when you have time mate.

·
Registered
721 Posts
This Digital stuff is going to be real exciting. I'm not saying that it's better or worse but it sounds like there is a lot going on in layout design, tactics and just plain screwing around. I can't wait myself to get my hands on a set now if they only came back with three lane track I would be in heaven. Keep the info flowing guys.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...3-lane tracks are possible with Carrera-tracks as you can assemble the tracks with a 1-lane-offset. I've to make some pictures to explain... And Carrera will offer 1-lane straights as part of their pitstop for digital....
Yes, there will be a 4-lane-digital-track - -I'll modify suzuka for analog and digital racing! Possible - see the information / link to Udo's HP...

·
Registered
522 Posts
Is four lanes too many for digital?

I think it would be hard to access all lanes -- you would need an incredible number of switchers.

Maybe three lanes with one lane for reslots and a couple LCs that force drivers back into traffic.

·
Registered
773 Posts
...with Carrera? Not known up to now - but when I've got all necessary parts to modify Suzuka, we've to test them in an endurance-race. And why should the coils overheat? There is only current when you're activating the LC....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts