SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carrera has just announced that the four Evolution Ferrari 575 GTCs models, which will be released this year, will be with working front and rear lights.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
They won't run with the Fly Corvettes if they are Carrera, without alot of work, a new chassis I bet.
However, I have to say I was suprised to see the Ferrari F1 from Carrera keeping pace easily with the Scalextric Renaults, even though the Scaley one had the supplied magnet and the Carrera had both supplied ones. So, maybe we will be pleasantly suprised.
Lights will be interesting, I have not seen them on Carrera 1/32 before I don't think, though many 1/24 cars have them as standard. Wouldn't it also be GREAT if they were with the current trend and permenant !

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (13davek @ 28 Jun 2004, 03:45)Yeah, but will they release them to the U.S. market? I'm not optimistic.

DK
The licensing is only for Europe. I'm sure there'll be other ways to get them.

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Looking at Swissracer's comment, I'd expect the Carrera to put up a fine show against the aggressive performance of the Fly Corvette. The double magnet arrangement on recent cars easily outstrips the handling of stock Fly tiny bar magnet set-ups and recent improvements to carrera chassis are easily comparable to the quality of Fly offerings.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 26 Jun 2004, 17:11)They won't run with the Fly Corvettes if they are Carrera, without alot of work, a new chassis I bet.
I run my Fly vette and Viper without magnets, so I think that this way the Carreras may be close. The classic Carreras seem to be much better (no mags) than the modern ones with mags. I have the yellow D type (new style with lower gearing) and once I filled it with lead, it runs great with no mag, has pretty good power and brakes. The Carrera classics, D type, A6GCS, and T-bird are some of my favorites. The really drive nicely without mags and with lead. The modern Carrera, Bentley and Panoz, are pretty lame, although I'm still trying to tune them with gearing and different mag setups.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts