SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Shame the black one is first..

However that HAS to be a new chassis right? I mean it is sooo low.

Looking forward to them alot! If the chassis is no better I weill sit it on an HRS from Slot.It.

BTW - So far I have removed 20 grams of waste plastic from the Enzo body and chassis in an attempt to make it lighter - 20 grams!! and that is just plastic that wasn't required. If I can do the same to this baby...

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I think releasing the Black one first is a sales ploy. Being the first release, everybody will want one. Release the Red one's first means the black will not sell as much if it is the second or third livery in the series.

M

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
to me the black one looks less impressive than in the first lot of spy photos - in them it looked like an amazing carbon finish, here it looks like carrera plastic finish....

I know, theres no pleasing some people! And maybe I am just making excuses because until I paint my track grey, black cars cant be seen on it!

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
Come to papa!!

The 550/575 does has an un-nerving draw for me with 2 already in the collection - the Carreras (in red of course) will be added.

Like you Swiss I have a HRS chassis ready and waiting although I haven't thought about dremelling the weight out of the body. See if I can beat 20g with my Bentley

Matt

PS Note the Hot Wheels logo on the car - looks like Carrera/Hot Wheels have come to some form of licencing agreement, which means are American cousins can now sample the delights (hopefully) of the Carrera Ferrari range

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Matt, pretty sure you wont get so much away with the Bentley but I will bring the Enzo with me next week so you can see where I found space to loose the weight. Do you have a standard Enzo to compare?

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
New chassis? Er? Do we have a thread on that one here?

I thought Thomas said all four were coming out at the same time?

Black one, certainly not a keeper in my book; but the Giesse one....

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I must add from my previous post that the model does look good. I'm not too sure though about the wheels. Why are they not see through, or are they just oversize brake discs.

M

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
recent carrera wheels have been like that - the disc brake is molded into the wheel, not a seperate part as on Fly, Scalextric, Proteus, etc etc. Personally, I don't think it looks good, I think holes and no disc brakes look better than this solution, clever though it is

·
Registered
715 Posts
In general that Maranello just turns me on!
I will have to get/make an overseas connection to get these I am sure!

I agree with the "sales ploy" comment. Like when you have to kiss the cute girls sister first, then her. Well, at least you'll get two kisses, eh?

-Maltese

·
Registered
386 Posts
I actually like the black color, looks "stealthy"
Im going to assume that its the normal Carrera 1/24 scale of their other cars? I have to agree that the wheels could be better though.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I think the black makes a nice change from red (yeh, I know Ferraris should be red!).

Lister Storm, correct me if I'm wrong but aren't these 1/32 scale?

Mark

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
Looks like a potentially great slotcar to me. Yes, the wheels look 'less' than most current manufacturers (and the side grills look cheap and cheerful) but Carrera may have come up with a competitive racer to others around at the moment IF that chassis is as low as it looks and it uses that great double-magnet set up that they've been fitting their cars with recently.

Does that box say front and rear lights? If so, that's a lot of car for what Carrera are costing these for.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts