SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a Carrera Ferrari F1 car, and it runs nicely enough but it is not up to the pace of my Scalextric F1's. It is mainly lacking in straight line speed, probably because I increased the magnet slightly.

I was thinking of getting a Slot.it motor, but looking at the motor in the Carrera it has a very long shaft compared to my other cars. Will it fit or do you have any other suggestions?

JS

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
I thought that Carrera used a standard Ninco NC1 type motor in all their cars (ie motor rotor pokes out the metal end of the motor, not the platic end (as in Scalex/Fly cars).

If your F1 car is like this then any SlotIt with metal end rotor protusion should do just fine. Yu'll have to get the pinion refitted onto the new motor, though. The lowest rpm motor that SlotIt do is thei 'Unversal' motor at 23000rpm. This should give a bit of extra wallop without completely outclassing your other cars, but if you have over-stuffed with magnets it may not be rpm that you need, but extra torque (g/cm) to help with acceleration rather than just top-end speed. You should be fine with a SlotIt, though, unless you really have gone mad with magnets.

Rememebr that SlotIt motors are likely to need a 25ohm controller or a variable diode type to work well. They are slugs with standard Scalex controllers as they eat so much power.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.