SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
If it's the Carrera overhead light bridge you're talking about that takes 4 AA batteries then it's okay on batteries, I use Duracell Ultras in mine and they last weeks, certainly well over 5 hours use, you can also use rechargeables in it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 25 Jan 2012, 16:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it's the Carrera overhead light bridge you're talking about that takes 4 AA batteries then it's okay on batteries, I use Duracell Ultras in mine and they last weeks, certainly well over 5 hours use, you can also use rechargeables in it.
Thanks Julian! Yep the infra red one with the light sequence. More money to spend on party food then! Cheers, matey

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 25 Jan 2012, 23:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You'll need to raise the track by around 6mm for it to work consistently with HO cars

I seem to remember we discussed this last year. I'm trying not to think of it tonight, or where to relocate the start line to take account of the missing first lap lol, as I've just realised that that much elevation is going to ruin the pit straight line into the first corner (basically the track lies flush with a small outer lip to stop it moving around)
Oh, well, I'm sure I can find a temporary fix for now ....

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 26 Jan 2012, 08:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just stick a piece of track under the track where the laptimer is going to go, it doesn't miss the first lap, just gives it a low laptime - I've no idea why.
Will be switching it all on Saturday, JB, thanks. I have some foam railway track bedding too so I might try that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.