SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for letting me join, I'm pretty pumped.

So I have a random question regarding Carrera Go!!! sets. Sorry to ask here, just don't know anyone that is knowledgeable in this stuff, cheers if you can help.

Background: I know bugger all about slot apart from loving it when I was young, but not having the coin to buy one. I bought my son the Carerra Go Highway Patrol 1/43 set 5 years ago in Australia (240V mains) and it's a hoot. We moved to Japan (110V mains) so the voltage issues let it gather dust. He wants to play with it again but a transformer is wildly expensive. Carrera stuff is pretty rare here but I can pick the Mario Kart set for less than a transformer which I guess will have a 110V AC adapter included. Plus cars and extra track and...other cool stuff.

Questions: Can I connect the Mario Kart set to the Highway Patrol set? Additionally, will one AC power source be enough to run the two sets together? If I was to expand again in the future, is there a limit to how much track you can connect?

Alternatively, and although I don't want to, I could just scrap it and buy another cooler set. Any thoughts are much appreciated. Cheers.

·
Registered
319 Posts
g,day mate welcome aboard

not having any carrera go stuff i suggest you go to the carrera web sit to check

but no matter how long you have a track ,you only use ONE power supply

be it a variable power unit on a transformer

what we all do is put extra wires under the track from one section to another so as to cut out power drop from all

the joins.just be carefull with adding extra sets ,that may not be compatible i have read that carrera digital 143 track wont fit the anolog stuff

but as i said at the start ,i dont know much about carrera 143

there are guys here who will be able to help though

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Don’t know how I missed this one but I agree with crustypop, just substitute the power supply with something equivalent, IT departments sometimes have a stash of old ones (we used to give them away as needed instead of dumping in the ewaste) Just need to splice to the old loom , nothing too difficult for most people. Just check the voltage of the cars as some of the older GO sets are battery operated and the car still are marked as 6v underneath. The power pack powered sets are all 12 or 14.5 volt. They are all track compatible but watch out for the “Carrera First” sets as they have a narrower track and lane spacing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts