SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a service to Carrera-Club-members teh news for 2004 have been announced today:
Exclusiv 1/24
Ferrari 250 GT SWB

(just to show you what kind of car this is
)
Jaguar E-Type Race Version
Porsche Carrera 6 Nürburgring 1966

Evolution 1/32
Sauber- Petronas C21 2003 Livery new design
Ferrari 575 GTC (this is a real race livery, no street car!)

Ferrari 512 BB LM

Lamborghini Murcielago R-GT (this is a real race livery, no street car!)

Peugeot 307 WRC 2004
Subaru Impreza WRC 2003
Aston Martin DB5 "James Bond"
Ford Mustang Convert. "James Bond"

Ford Torrino Talladega '69
Dodge Charger Daytona design Victory on Debut
Plymouth Road Runner No. 79 '70
Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray design Stars'n Stripes 4ever
Ford Mustang GT 350 design Liberty Eagle

Profi 1/40
Audi TT-R 24h Nürburgring 2003
Mercedes-Benz CLK-DTM Persson Motorsport

GO!!! 1/43
Jaguar XKR design Bad Car
Porsche GT3 design Police Car
Peugeot 307 WRC 2004
Subaru Impreza WRC 2003
Mini Cooper S
Dodge Viper GTS
Chevrolet Corvette C5 R

...I've to look for an additional job to earn more money I fear - the announced news for Exclusive and Evolution are great I think! As soon as tehere are pictures available, I'll post them here - latest after the Nürnberg toy fair 2004

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Isn't it amazing?

Who would have guessed a year ago that we'd be keenly anticipating Carrera releases?

What next: Round wheels and axles on all RTR cars?

Scott

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I would have preferred the Prodrive 550 maranello (FIA-GT, ALMS & Le Mans racer) instead of the JMB 575 GTC (FIA-GT only), but it's already very good news !

Thomas, do you know which BB LM will be done ? There are two versions : the one that raced in 1978 (basically a street BB with a longer nose and a rear wing) and the other that ran in 1980 'till 1982 I think : much more rounded body (and much more appealling too !) with few similarities with the street version.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Of the new models, I have only had the Enzo and Aston Vanquish, so far, and am VERY impressed by the quality. Carrera now have the potential to be a major competitor with the other big manufacturers.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
I'm tempted by the Go!!! cars since I have a lot of Artin 1:43 track at home and have a certain affection for this little scale - much more suited to my shoebox home than 1:32!

Does anybody know much about the Profi 1:40? I'd never heard of this until I saw this post. Any UK supplier able to provide them?

Coop

·
John Roche
4,201 Posts
I agree with Dennis, the 1:24 cars are much more interesting to me. I could get some as my routed track has 4" lane spacing but they wouldn't fit in with the scenery :-(

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
166 Posts
In a previous topic about "cars you would like to see" I had the Ford Torino on my wish list so I am pleased to see that Carrera will continue to expand on its classic Nascar range.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..nice respond on this posting

About the 1/24-cars -as this is my prefered scale to race I'm happy with these news

For Evolution - the Ferrari is one of these

...some more pictures you'll find here
About the Carrera Profi - 1/40 - it's been mainly sold in Germany, Switzerland and Austria - tracks are 18cm wide, lane distance is something about 7,5cm. Surface is with a little more grip than the Evolution / Exclusiv-track - but there are only 2 different curves available and there are no borders available...

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm a bit disappointed with the 1/32 offerings too. I have always admired Carrera for their willingness to make off-beat cars, esp. in their vintage line. I suppose I have been spoiled in this regard after getting the Merc 300, Maserati A6GS, Aston DB3, D Jag, and even the Uovo. But there are so many more beautiful classic sports cars of the 1950s that would fit well in the series -- Alfas, Lancia D-24, Cunningham, etc. I hope they will continue to expand the line.

mp

G

·
I have alway wondered why their has not been a slot model of Ferrari BB as these are really beautiful cars, So I want one.

RR

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Thanks for the news Thomas,

The Ferrari BB is the one that raced at Le Mans from 1980 'till 1982. One of the famous liveries was the blue "European University" and then there was a green EMKA as well (both from Le Mans 1980).

It is possible that it already raced in 1979.

I would have liked a racing version of the Modena as well. Maybe for next time ...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Woo hoo Carrera!

great new chassis and a bent for historical motor sport nostalgia! bring on those Ferrari!!

here is a link with all the real world 512 BB LM chassis reference:

http://www.barchetta.cc/english/All.Ferrar.../SN.512BBLM.htm

The entire site is a treassure trove of Ferrari info, pics and stats including ownership and current status if known of the particular chassis.

You can find the 512 BB Competizione which ran LM ahead of the 512 BB LM. The former is the more "street" looking. They made four of the Competizione versions that ran in the 1978 Le Mans. None finished. The 512 BB LM was homologated with 25 versions produced and ran Le Mans 1979-1982. Check out barchetta if you need more info!

Now if you can just get Mattel out of the way and distribute these beauties globally...

forza ferrari.

Ken R

·
John Roche
4,201 Posts
"Not a bad line up but where's the classic 1/32?"

I suppose the nearest is the James Bond DB5, pity it's not a DB4.

Cheers,

John

1 - 17 of 17 Posts