SlotForum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
What's the point of this?

Are you talking about price, quality, performance, ease of use, availability, size, shape...

·
Registered
238 Posts
QUOTE (Nuro @ 15 Jul 2004, 14:04)What's the point of this?

Are you talking about price, quality, performance, ease of use, availability, size, shape...

Ditto,

I don't get the point. If you're trying to gather which is the most popular/favourite system then surely you need to include scaley, scx, ninco track systems.

If you're trying to choose between the two as they're the only ones available to you then you need to look at all the questions that Nuro points to. Even then, just because a poll shows in favour of one brand over another, doesn't mean it will suit you.

You need to decide what is important to you in a track system, not what is important to other people.

·
Registered
82 Posts
scalextric sport and classic track is my favourite and they are the ones i have. but because ive got an empty garage and a loft then im thinking of having a big permanent layout and a carrera or artin temperory layout somwere else either the garage or loft depending wee i put the permanent layout

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
carrera is the next best thing to a routed track artin is a lot cheaper unless you were lucky enough to get some carrera in the argos sale .

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Given some of your explanations, I think you should go for Carrera since you have a lot of space BUT you should use Carrera for your permanent layout and keep Scalextric Sport and classic for the temporary use. Why ? Use the track will provide an immediate answer to that !

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
guys u know on carrera track do u have to put the lines on to the track that go between each slot or does the track come with the lines allready on ?????

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are you talking about the white line in the middle of the track? Have you never seen a Carrera track?
Those lines are printed on the track during production.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Try Ebay ...

Where are you located ? Carrera is quite cheap in the US ...

You never mentionned price as being critical, so l thought "let's choose the best quality, let's go for Carrera".

If price comes into the equation, Artin is much cheaper (but could be harder to find ... you won't find any shop selling it in Belgium !) but has several downfalls in comparison to Carrera. You pay, so you choose !

BTW, I've been told that Ninco's track is excellent too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts