SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I have two Carrera Group 5 Porsches. One (Red and Blue Kreepy Krauly one) has the extra magnet up front and lights and the other does not. The other one (white/blue one) is very smooth and reasonably fast but the red one is a lemon. Any suggestions as to what I should do? It has a front wheel which is net even close to being on straight so I will get a new front axle sometime but aside from that, the motor just doesn't seem to rev. Can you get dud motors from new? Should I try doing something to it or just replace it?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'd also like to add that this chassis configuration with the two magnets instead of the one longer rear magnet doesn't seem to handle nearly as well either!
How do I improve this car?

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
the standard motors vairy considerably, from 18000-22000rpm. the same goes for any make running a standard mabuchi. a new axle wont cure the wobbly wheel. hold the middle of the axle with mole grips and twist of the offending wheel. remove the tyres and use a machine vice to try and press the wheel back on square i,ve gone into dropping the guide up into the chassis and highering the front wheels and taking out the rock. i dont run with magnets but all the above contributes to a better handling car. all plastic chassis tuning applies, eg flat chassis ect. i,ve just done the guide and front wheel mods to a ninco mercedes clk and it was worth 1 sec a lap. and the front has less than 1mm ground clearance. happy tuning john

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was going to get a new axle with the wheels attached to fix the bad wheel. Maybe there is a slot.it motor I could put in it as it will be racing against much faster cars anyway. As long as I can make it handle as well. In my limited experience though, I have found that with constant playing around you can improve most cars dramatically.
Or, I can wait until Racer make their versions? Maybe the best option. Then I can keep these cars for the kids to practice on.
I have the two Carrera De Tomaso Panteras arriving soon and I will want to make those fast to race with the Racer and MRRC cars so they will need extra special attention.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damo,

Something I have done with cars that need a lot of parts replaced or you really like . . . . . .

It's kind of similar to the philosophy of removing the radiator cap, then sliding a new car in under it.

I've never see a Fly Porsche 917-10 that runs laps like this one does!

·
Damien Straw
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thinking! That might be a plan. I have a couple of chassis here which might dothe trick actually.

Cheers,
Damo.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Damo, where did you find 2 de tomaso panteras. ive been looking for ages for the carrera group 5 cars. not a sniff anywhere, yet youve got 2 coming. not fair. john

1 - 7 of 7 Posts